help

Had no clue it would be like this ...

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Patientone Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2015 3:33 PM

I am hopefully past this but I never thought I would actually be more worried about accidentally getting pregnant in my 50's then in my young years. My first missed period was before I started charting, OMG!!!   I ran to the dr shaking thinking I somehow got pregnant.. I n.e.v.e.r missed a period unless I was pregnant. 

My once regular like clock work cycle, which I totally depended on for birth control, betrayed me. 

October 2010 and that first missed period began quite the roller coaster, I started charting my temperatures on Fertility Friend, the soon found this site, started charting here, the fine ladies here (especially DJ) got me through it. 

Flowers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,459
dj rayne replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 5:05 PM

And this group has been a life saver for me. be it age, meds or just plain stress I don't think there's any turning back for my body.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,410
artermix replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:07 PM

Every month for me is a surprise.  So far we are on the "lets pretend is a regular cycle" streak.....short cycles too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,308
mynewredshoes replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:13 PM

I never thought it would be like this either. Actually, I never really thought about it, but here I am in the throws of peri.  And I can't help naively thinking that for some reason it will be different for me. Nope. Cycle craziness galore.

Kiss On the marriage roller coaster since 1993 -- what a ride!

Baby Girl Angel Baby Boy Baby Girl

My Chart - TTA indefinitely

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Patientone replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:21 PM

mynewredshoes:

And I can't help naively thinking that for some reason it will be different for me. Nope. 

I know mynewred, somehow, I kept thinking the 'change' was always far off from where I was, I think that's why it came as such a shock to me. Being blessed with such a regular cycle made the irregularity even harder.  For such a long time my period started right on day 28, in the morning, as soon as I got up. it was almost laughable.. wow, the joke was on me. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,410
artermix replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:26 PM

my cycles have been 26 to 28 months these past 3...4.....surely a long one will come.  But at least we all know more than others who just have no clue.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Patientone replied on Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:58 PM

artermix:

But at least we all know more than others who just have no clue.

Amen ! 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,410
artermix replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 12:50 PM

I have friends of my age who apparently just play guess work.  But when I tell them that they could avoid that.....Rarely these ladies are interested in finding out.  

Not Ranked
Posts 128
AutumnSienna replied on Tue, Jun 30 2015 2:00 AM

This site has been my lifesaver too! I have only joined recently but am already so reassured. Thank you all so much! I think the other thing that dawned on me is that Patentone you said your last period was in December 13, but your first skipped one was three years earlier. I only skipped my first one in August 13 so no wonder I still have tons of EWCM!  I kept thinking I must be finished by now! Mind you they were going wonky from 2012 with long and short cycles but the actual skipping was less than two years ago.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,038
Patientone replied on Tue, Jun 30 2015 8:16 AM

So glad you are here Autumn, my passion for this who peri group comes from the help I got. I'm past some of the mind boggling stuff and now I want to help others coming in to it. Every woman on this board will eventually need the support of woman who have gone through and come out the other side :-) 

Ohhh there may be a few that can sail on their own, my nerves wouldn't let me do that. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,459
dj rayne replied on Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:33 AM

The path from peri to menopause has no set length. It can last ten years or more for some. It can also be abrupt and short with a minimum of cycles and suddenly menopause.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,308
mynewredshoes replied on Tue, Jun 30 2015 8:04 PM

Oh how I wish I had the short abrupt trip!

Kiss On the marriage roller coaster since 1993 -- what a ride!

Baby Girl Angel Baby Boy Baby Girl

My Chart - TTA indefinitely

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,459
dj rayne replied on Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:21 PM

Me too.

David Jude

My WebCharts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,410
artermix replied on Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:08 PM

Well I do and I don't. There is a lot of other stuff downside of menopause of course. But hey we will go with the flow....or Aunt Flow...Laugh

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,459
dj rayne replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 8:39 AM

Laugh No, that needs a ROFL. Smile

David Jude

My WebCharts

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS