help

Team Green for Baby 3?

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,868
kbella Posted: Sat, Aug 6 2016 7:42 PM

We've never been team green (and never wanted to be), but we have a boy and and girl and with the timing of this pregnancy we'll be moving months after baby is born, so we won't be doing a nursery. Anyway, we think it will be fun to not find out, but I'm scared I'm going to cave at 20 weeks! Any tips to push through? Haha

wifey 33 Heart hubby 36 Heart

Baby D Baby Boy FAM Baby August 2013

Baby A Baby Girl FAM Baby Numero Dos March 2015

Baby 3 Baby Due February 2017 Team GREEN for the first time!

BabyFruit Ticker

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,533
mimigrace replied on Sat, Aug 6 2016 9:22 PM

I loved being team green for both of my pregnancies. I, however, have been thinking that I might want to find out if/when we have another baby :-) No tips here, but I say go for it if you want to. 

Me: 26 DH:35   Heart Married 7/7/2012

My Chart

Baby Boy DS 7/3/13

Baby Girl DD 6/13/15

Broken Heart Baby Finn 8/2016

Not Ranked
Posts 519
hb12red replied on Sun, Aug 7 2016 9:08 PM

No tips, but it sounds like fun! I've thought about doing the same things since we now have one of each, but I think I'd cave :)

Baby Boy April 2012

Baby Girl March 2015

Broken Heart 7 weeks September 2016

BFP 10/6/16! Praying for a rainbow baby!

My charts

BabyFruit Ticker
Not Ranked
Posts 237
krislin replied on Mon, Aug 15 2016 2:31 PM

For me, it was all about getting past the anatomy ultrasound at 20w. I knew that would be my only ultrasound (unless problems arose), so once that was done there was no way to even find out the gender!

Married 10/2012

Off HBC 1/2014

Baby Girl 5/2016

TTA while exclusively breastfeeding

My charts (sorry - I chart on paper, mainly, so these charts are hardly ever up to date)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 861
lee526 replied on Thu, Aug 18 2016 6:09 AM

Picture the fun your husband will have walking down the long hall, leaving family in suspense, to announce your baby's gender and name. And how great it would be to have him tell you the baby's gender rather than an ultrasound tech or Doctor. Those motivated me! We were team green for our son and loved the suspense. 

Me 29 and DH 30

TTC #1 as of 9/2012

Sept 2013 - all testing at RE is perfect for both of us.  After six more months, RE recommends Clomid + IUI

October/November 2014 Clomid + IUI = BFP! EDD July 30, 2015

Baby boy born 7/18/15; induced at 38 weeks due to obstetric cholestasis and delivered healthy via cesarean after concerns of fetal distress. So thankful for our little guy and every step of this strange journey! 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,868
kbella replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 5:39 PM

lee526:

Picture the fun your husband will have walking down the long hall, leaving family in suspense, to announce your baby's gender and name. And how great it would be to have him tell you the baby's gender rather than an ultrasound tech or Doctor. Those motivated me! We were team green for our son and loved the suspense. 

We live too far from family to have anyone waiting down the hall, but I do think about him announcing to me! I really want that surprise. I just need to stay strong for that one ultrasound and then I won't have a choice  lol

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 88
November24 replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 11:35 AM

Being Team Green was THE BEST surprise of my whole life!! I will never forget the way my husband exclaimed, "it's a boy!" when he first saw our son. I had a c-section and everyone in the operating room knew we didn't know. My husband was able to look over the curtain before I could see anything, but the OB kept the evidence covered and said, "no peaking, dad." Then she held our baby up so that we could both see at once. The sound of my husband's voice and then the visual of seeing my baby for the first time coupled with the discovery that he was a boy is an experience that I will never, ever forget. I can't imagine that having an ultrasound tech say, "it's a boy" or even the most elaborate gender reveal party could even come close to that feeling (I am biased, of course). While still in the OR and all during our hospital stay, we just kept saying to each other, "we have son!" and, "can you believe he's a boy?" Surprise and awe lasted the first two days and a little beyond. Maybe that seems strange because there are only two options, but it really was the biggest surprise ever. It made his delivery magical, despite the fact that I was unhappy about having a c-section. I'd say it's like putting the most exciting moment of your life on steroids. You will have an amazing and wonderful birth story no matter what, but if you wait, you won't regret it!

Me: 31, DH: 27, married November 2014 Heart

Charting since Aug 2014, TTC since Nov 2015!
BFP 12/21/15! --> EDD 8/31/16, Team Green!

Baby Boy August 2016 Heart

my charts

Not Ranked
Posts 381
rarl replied on Tue, Sep 20 2016 5:03 PM

I agree with everything everyone said. We were Team Green for both and will be for our third. It was like this treat waiting for you on the other side of labor. It was also fun to come up with both boy and girl names.

Another option, though I realize this is not for everyone, is to forgo the 20 week ultrasound. Due to a problem with my insurance (grrr), my 20 week ultrasound with my first was not covered, and we just didn't feel the need to pay out of pocket, considering there were no indications of problems. Our midwife was actually very cool with it, and pointed out that the 20 week ultrasound is relatively speaking a new phenomenon and believe it or not, we don't actually know much about how the ultrasound affects the baby...so far, all assumptions are it's fine, of course, but who knows.

When the time came for our second, I asked about its necessity (this time, no problems with insurance), and she said she was fine either way, so we decided against it again. This had nothing to do with Team Green, it was just a personal preference. The only person who ever really challenged this decision was the pediatrician examining our daughter in the hospital, who was annoyed that we couldn't tell her if everything looked good on the ultrasound, to which I replied, 'All those things you just listed would have showed up in other ways by now - inability to pee/poop, lung/heart problems, etc. So use your stethoscope and do your job.' Ummm...we were not the best of friends. I mean, she probably had a point, but meh, 2 years out, it's all good. And no pediatrician has ever asked about it again.

Again, not for everyone, but another option!

Me (32) and DH (35) tied the knot June 2009. TTC#3 BFP 8/3/2016

Helpful links: Pregnancy Test Timing Calculator   |   Pregnancy symptom by day past ovulation

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,868
kbella replied on Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:22 AM

rarl:

I agree with everything everyone said. We were Team Green for both and will be for our third. It was like this treat waiting for you on the other side of labor. It was also fun to come up with both boy and girl names.

Another option, though I realize this is not for everyone, is to forgo the 20 week ultrasound. Due to a problem with my insurance (grrr), my 20 week ultrasound with my first was not covered, and we just didn't feel the need to pay out of pocket, considering there were no indications of problems. Our midwife was actually very cool with it, and pointed out that the 20 week ultrasound is relatively speaking a new phenomenon and believe it or not, we don't actually know much about how the ultrasound affects the baby...so far, all assumptions are it's fine, of course, but who knows.

When the time came for our second, I asked about its necessity (this time, no problems with insurance), and she said she was fine either way, so we decided against it again. This had nothing to do with Team Green, it was just a personal preference. The only person who ever really challenged this decision was the pediatrician examining our daughter in the hospital, who was annoyed that we couldn't tell her if everything looked good on the ultrasound, to which I replied, 'All those things you just listed would have showed up in other ways by now - inability to pee/poop, lung/heart problems, etc. So use your stethoscope and do your job.' Ummm...we were not the best of friends. I mean, she probably had a point, but meh, 2 years out, it's all good. And no pediatrician has ever asked about it again.

Again, not for everyone, but another option!

Sounds like we have very different personalities! Haha! The whole name decision process is stressful and hard for us, so having to decide on two names is definitely one reason I DON'T want to be team green. Also, not having the anatomy scan would stress me out so much! We had to schedule a week late this time due to my DH being out of town and I'm wishing I had just scheduled it. IF there are any heart issues, I'd want to know before going into delivery and knowing that my placenta is up and out of the way is important to me since I had partial placenta previa the first time which can be deadly to mom during a vaginal delivery. Also, I see value in having more information. I'm definitely a type A planner, so I think it will be fun to wait this time since we have both boy and girl clothes, but there's no way I could've waited the last two times. ;)

Not Ranked
Posts 381
rarl replied on Sun, Sep 25 2016 12:16 PM

Kbella - hahaha to each her own Flowers No, I totally get that! I know I am not the typical pregnant woman! You know, I've had several friends who had abnormal anatomy scans, even one that showed placentia previa, and by the end of the pregnancy, most issues were rectified, meaning the conditions resolved themselves and the placenta moved. I do have a friend whose son was born with a cleft palate, and she did like knowing she could mentally prepare, though immediately after birth there wasn't much be done (surgery was a few months later). Another friend's son was born without one kidney. Again nothing really to be done, but monitor closely. With regard to heart issues, those could be picked up listening to the heart in utero, which my midwife does each visit.

I also know several women who were told on their anatomy scans that they were having gigantic babies and should probably consider a C-section because the baby wouldn't have enough room to maneuver. They worried so much, and in the end none of them had gigantic babies! All this leaves me pretty meh about ultrasounds, but I wouldn't fault any woman for getting one!

Me (32) and DH (35) tied the knot June 2009. TTC#3 BFP 8/3/2016

Helpful links: Pregnancy Test Timing Calculator   |   Pregnancy symptom by day past ovulation

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,868
kbella replied on Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:07 PM

Welp, had our anatomy scan and NO SPOILERS! So, looks like we are officially Team Green for the long haul!

BabyFruit Ticker

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,697
scarlet_willow replied on Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:21 PM

Yay! I m so excited for you! Seeing your ticker for baby #3 just makes me smile :) 

Him 32 and me 32  Heart 2007  

Baby Boy 2008 Baby Boy 2009 Baby Boy 2011 Broken Heart 2012 Baby Girl 2013 Baby Boy 2016

currently nursing my baby boy and delving back in FAM for TTA

the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,868
kbella replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:31 PM

Thanks Scarlett! <3

BabyFruit Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 635
weimlover replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 2:35 PM

Exciting! You all know I love team green!!

Me (31) DH (34) ~ Married August 2008 Heart Kiss + 3 fur babies

+ ID Twin DSs Baby Boy Baby Boy ~ December 23, 2015 (BFP May 2015 after 14 cycles TTC)

(TTC #3 November 2016 - ? Nov. & Dec. not optimally timed - on to 2017!)

**See my bio for more information**

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/weimlover/charts/default.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS