TTC Buddy Group December

rated by 0 users
This post has 72 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,620
Heather678 replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 2:12 PM | Locked

SoccerGirl - Thank you!!

Thank you all, I really appreciate your support in this rollercoaster of a cycle. I posted my +digi in the squinters update.

I hope more BFP start popping up for each and every one of you too! 

Me: 30 -  DH: 30  Married 2008

Began Charting September 2012.

Baby Boy A.B. born naturally July 29th, 2013

Baby Girl O.C.  born naturally September 1st, 2015

Baby due September 11th, 2017!

HeartPraise God from Whom all Blessings Flow.

My Charts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,006
justtryingthisout replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 3:43 PM | Locked

Heather - Congratulations! So exciting!!!

DH: 34 Kiss Me: 30

History of endometriosis

TTC #1 since Aug. 2016

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 635
weimlover replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:55 PM | Locked

soon to be how did your ultrasound go Monday? I hope well!

Congrats Heather!

AF arrived Monday just as I was like where is she? I kind of was like oh wait maybe our BD right around O wasn't protected enough! But she came! I have a rash thinking it's pitaryosis rosea (See dermologist tomorrow) not anything too bad but due to viral infection (it's the weirdest rash) so might be postponing TTC #3 for a month or two (then we will be in the December danger zone as I like to call it) and since myself, our beloved dog and our twins all have December birthdays I'd like to avoid that birth month (although DH is all for another December baby) - so looking like I will be focusing on my health and fitness for a few months and then coming back to it possibly in Mayish? Might do some NTNP depending on what the dermatologist says tomorrow. 

I wish you all so much baby dust - I will be lurking!

Me (31) DH (34) ~ Married August 2008 Heart Kiss + 3 fur babies

+ ID Twin DSs Baby Boy Baby Boy ~ December 23, 2015 (BFP May 2015 after 14 cycles TTC)

(TTC #3 November 2016 - ? Nov. & Dec. not optimally timed - on to 2017!)

**See my bio for more information**

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/weimlover/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 457
laluna replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 5:26 PM | Locked

weim - I had pityriasis rosea years ago. Such a weird rash. Do you have the "herald patch" and the Christmas tree pattern? Mine came and went without much incidence, meaning no real side effects except some minor itchiness (usually only when overheated). It only lasted about a month and then quietly disappeared. I'd like to hear what the dermatologist tells you since I never saw a doctor for mine. 

Heather - congrats on the BFP!

jtto - hope you're doing well

Marie - looks like you're 11DPO now. Have you tested yet? 

MrsD - I've been following your other thread and I'm so sorry about the whole situation. Sending hugs your way. 

Peony - best of luck to you. 

MrsFord - hope you're doing well. 

Alaskan - did you get rid of that UTI quickly? Is your lower back pain still around? So weird that we both get recurring back pain the second week of the cycle, though mine is in my right shoulder. I still haven't been able to get answers about mine. So frustrating. 

AFM - My O is actually delayed a little bit, but it's going to work out well since DH will be back tonight. I finally got a +OPK today (CD15) and I'm guessing I'll O on Saturday. As soon as I stopped taking the Black Cohosh and started the Dong Quai and fertility blend, the horrible acne and headaches went away. My temps are staying really steady still and my OPK today was super dark (darker than the control), so yay for good signs. 

Me - 34, DH - 41

TTC #1 since May 2014

3 Clomid cycles - BFNs

Unexplained infertility

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 423
AlaskanWife replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 6:59 PM | Locked

Heather: Congratulations :-) 

Weim: Nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear you have to postpone your plans for a while, though it sounds like you are okay with waiting for a bit? Hopefully you can get that rash cleared up quickly! 

Laluna: Yes, it is weird we're both having this recurrent cyclical pain! Kind of annoying, right?! The UTI was gone for a couple of days and then came back :-( I saw my ANP today and she took a urine sample to send off for culture; unfortunately, due to our location in Alaska and having to ship the sample down to Seattle, we won't know results until Tuesday. I'll continue cranberry pills and fluids, and hope the infection is all gone by then!! 
Hey that worked out perfectly with your DH's travel and your late O! That's good news! :-) Interesting that Black Cohosh was giving you such negative side effects. I've heard it's great for fertility and PCOS but have not tried it.

Peony: How are you doing? I hope you're having a restful (body and mind!) month off as you prepare for your IVF. Hugs!

MrsD: I just now read your update in the other thread and am so heartbroken for you. Lots of love and prayers.

AFM: As mentioned in my personal to Laluna, still trying to get this UTI completely gone. I'm also still waiting on my new thermometer to arrive so I can start temping again and see where I am in my cycle! Hoping it will be here tomorrow. I have it in my head that I O'd on either Friday or Saturday, but who knows. The temps will tell!  

Me (30, PCOS, annovulatory, chronic pelvic pain) and DH (31, good health)
Surprise pregnancy June '15, mmc at 6 wks. TTC our Rainbow 

Jan-April - trying natural, all annovulatory
May-Dec - 4 rounds of Femara, 3/4 resulted in no ovulation

(Nov. lap showed no endo and tubes clear)

Will start 7.5mg Femara in January

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 635
weimlover replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:49 PM | Locked

I saw the dermatologist today - yes it is such a weird rash. Last time I had it it was 8 years ago and overnight it spread on my whole body and it wasn't itchy and lasted for what felt like an eternity. This time it isn't covering my body and is very itchy. The dermatologist said it's presentation was A-typical so we did a biopsy (something I totally wasn't ready for haha although it wasn't bad) and will know next week for sure what the heck this is. I do have a herald patch (misdiagnosed as ringworm) and I don't have the tree pattern and didn't last time either. It is such a strange rash you are right laluna. also asked about TTC and dermatologist said it was perfectly fine but if we wanted to hold off a month or two. Of course that's not what Dr. Google told me?! haha but I think we will anyway mostly because my body feels so so so itchy and uncomfortable and now I have these random stitches on my side from the biopsy! haha way to ring in the new year - I hope it clears up quickly and it isn't something more serious - off to go take benadryl! 

Me (31) DH (34) ~ Married August 2008 Heart Kiss + 3 fur babies

+ ID Twin DSs Baby Boy Baby Boy ~ December 23, 2015 (BFP May 2015 after 14 cycles TTC)

(TTC #3 November 2016 - ? Nov. & Dec. not optimally timed - on to 2017!)

**See my bio for more information**

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/weimlover/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 424
MellieC replied on Fri, Dec 30 2016 12:57 PM | Locked

Heather:  congratulations!!  

Weim:  that rash sounds terrible!  Wow, I don't think I even knew a rash biopsy was possible - yikes!  Hopefully you get clarity soon so you guys are able to decide how you want to proceed with TTC plans.

MrsD:  My heart is absolutely broken for you guys.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Alaskan:  Ugh, I'm sorry to hear the UTI is still giving you trouble.  Hopefully it gets worked out in time for O!!  Fingers crossed your feeling is right and this medication dosage does the trick!  

laluna:  How weird about the black cohosh.  Good that you were able to identify what was throwing things out of whack though.  It seems like so often the timing works out just wrong, how refreshing for a fluke late O to finally work out just right!!  Those sound like great O signs - yippee!!  

Marie:  You are so right - it is a bittersweet time of year, I hope you were able to enjoy the season though.  Will you still hold out until 12dpo to test??  So exciting to see if your son's predictions are right!!  

Peony:  I hope you had a wonderful holiday and were able to embrace the season and the time with your daughter as you hoped.  Are you still thinking to take this cycle off from TTC?  

MrsFord:  You are so far along in your TWW!!  Will you test soon??

NYC:  Looks like you haven't updated your chart in awhile?  Did you test?!?

ETA:  JTTO I'm so sorry I missed you!:  Looks like you are getting close to O!  Good luck locking in some good timing!

AFM:  My DH and I each went to our respective families for Christmas; so we are now reunited just in time for O sometime over the next few days.  Whew!  

Thank you all who commented on my lap post!  I have an appointment with my RE next week to see what her thoughts are on it and we will decide from there.   

Update for those of you who asked how the NaPro dr appointment went last week:  It went really well.  The doctor was super nice and spent over an hour with me talking about my history, really looking at my charts, discussing different approaches, etc.  It was well worth the trip just to feel really heard, ya know?  He recommended (bulleted out my response so you can hopefully follow more easily):

• a luteal phase progesterone and E2 series (O + 3, 5, 7, and 9).  
  • I asked if we could do a pre O E2 series (O minus 1, 3, 5, and 7) also and he agreed.  
  • I also asked about a postcoital test (We can't do IUIs and I worry that my CM isn't very good) - but he said that it isn't a very effective test and he would rather we wait on that.  
  • He recommended I have a laparoscopy to look for endometriosis.  
  • Finally, he recommended a slightly different medication approach - he says he thinks it is best to take 25mg of Femara on day 3 (instead of 5mg for days 3-7), then to get HCG shots periodically through the luteal phase as progesterone support.  

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 35

Charting since January 2014, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

working with RE since 6/16 due to spotting throughout the LP

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 423
AlaskanWife replied on Fri, Dec 30 2016 11:09 PM | Locked

Weim: Wow! Yeah, I've never heard of doing a biopsy on a rash, either. I truly hope all comes back clear. Sorry you are so uncomfortable! Feel better soon!

Mellie: Glad to hear you had a good visit with the NaPro doctor. How encouraging that he was so detailed with you! That's great. Feeling heard is so wonderful. Wow, 25 mg Femara on one day?! How do you feel about that? I don't feel like my body would handle that well. But hopefully yours will! Have you had a laparoscopy before or will this be a first time thing? Sorry, can't remember! 

AFM: My new thermometer arrived today! Yay! I'm so eager to know if I've O'd yet that I actually temped tonight.. haha. I remembered how Peony always temps in the evening :-) So I sat still and quiet on the couch for an hour and a half, then temped and got 98.0 which is definitely post-O temp for me! But also I had dinner and cleaned the kitchen right before that hour and a half on the couch, so idk if that really counts or not. Can only wait for morning, right? :-) 

My Ovulation Chart

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,463
dj rayne replied on Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:28 AM | Locked

You can't use a post O range (am) from temps taken at a different time (pm) to determine O. The comparison is invalid. There was a sticky with charts from women that temped am and pm and did overlays or comparisons to show the difference. It may benefit you to read over those. You would need to chart at the new time for a complete cycle (preferably more than one) to establish what your parameters/ranges are for evening temps and then you could determine what is a post O temp for you at that time. If every day was 100% consistent and you did the EXACT same things atthe exact same time EACH and EVERY day then you could pick any point during the day and make that your temp time again as long as you were CONSISTENT. Time of day would not matter as your body would respond the same to whatever was happening so you would see the shift and have a pre and post O range for that point in time. What most fail to realize is that it is not the temps that mean anything it is the PATTERN and the shift. We use temps when first waking because for the vast majority that is the most consistent point in the day. Our body has been at rest, we sleep in the same bed, with the same environment most nights and generally because of work wake at the same time. During the day even when we have a routine we expose ourselves to different things that are not consistent. Our temps even though they follow a curve respond to whatever is happening around us or to what we are doing.  

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,463
dj rayne replied on Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:33 AM | Locked

This is c/p'd from another reply I gave but it explains your temp cycle. Depending on where you personally are at it is certainly possible for you to see higher temps and then lower. You may just cycle differently and your temps drop later than expected. It is also possible to temp at different times and reading the stickied threads on day vs night temps would show the difference.

I posted this to another charter explaining how temps work. As long as you find the time that works best for you and do some experimenting to see if waking early or sleeping late or even moving around some will cause a disturbance and how much then you can adjust for the odd happenings. It takes time and patience to learn your body.

I thought it would make an interesting read at this point.  If you understand how your temps work and where you are likely to be during your daily circadian rhythm you can actually find value in the info. Same for those because of scheduling find they need to temp at a non standard time..Just remember you have to be consistent in taking temps and first AM is generally the most reliable.

If you need to understand how your body works in relation to temperature then it is understandable why this works.  It is why I offered the method I offered. Not everyone has a set night routine and so sometimes the combo works if you understand you are looking at two sets of ranges. It also works once you have gotten in bed if you are someone that reads or watches TV. Take your temp at the same time while doing the same thing (not immediately after a shower or brushing your teeth or after BD for that matter - take it before) Each of our systems has an optimum temperature range that it performs in and not all operate best at the same temp. Our bodies use a technique called endothermic homeothermy to provide a steady state for physiological and biochemical functions(steady state = stable BBT). Precise regulation of metabolic heat production and heat loss maintains our core body temp in a specific range. This is over a broad range of environmental conditions (Ambient temp during sleep being one). Each person has their own internal clock that governs circadian rhythm and determines how their temp cycles over the course of a day. The graph at the bottom is from a study on circadian rhythm and shows how our temp rises and falls from midnight to midnight. Your individual temps may be slightly higher or lower but follow the same or a similar pattern. The timing may be slightly different depending on whether you are a night owl or an early bird. There are few things that impact core temp during the sleep phase of our cycle significantly; they are dehydration, extreme change in ambient temperature (the types of change that cause hypothermia or heat exhaustion/stroke), progesterone and alcohol. There are two others in addition to the afore mentioned that can also have an impact during our wake portion they are exercise and eating. Sweating and shivering are our body’s way of dumping or increasing heat to keep our core temp stable. Depending on where you are in your daily rhythm when you commonly take your temp can determine how easily your BBT is affected by movement and ambient temp. This is one reason why some people see little/no change in BBT no matter what the circumstance  (waking early, change in night time room temp), their temp time is within the 3 hours after temps begin to fall significantly to two hours after temps begin to rise as regulated by their circadian clock. This usually translates to 5 hours after falling asleep and two hours before rising for people that are not constrained by work or other scheduling and can choose their own sleep time as well as allowing for waking up naturally. Others that do see a marked difference are temping after their BBT has begun to rise and/or their temp time does not reflect a time during their body’s normal low period because their sleep pattern may not match their C.R. due to work, matching a partner’s schedule or a child’s. These people are more readily affected by ambient room temp, movement, partner/child’s movement, waking early or late. Knowing where you fit can help you decide whether that temp is a keeper or one to discard. Sometimes experimenting with your temp time is a good way to determine where you are.

Ok the graph won’t copy but I will try to give you a visual. From Midnight to 4am your temp falls from 96.8 to 95, from 4am to 8am it rises from 95 to 96.8 where it continues to rise until noon when it reaches 98.6. Here it begins a slow dip to 96.8 at 2pm (siesta) and slowly rises back to 98.6 around 5pm. It is all downhill from 5pm to midnight with a steady decline to 96.8 at midnight. For some adding 1 degree to each temp mentioned brings them closer to their norm for those times(again eating and exercise, dehydration will affect day temps) starting the cycle earlier or later for others corresponds better to the temps given. For example my temps hit their absolute low at 2am not 4am and my temps start to rise from 2am to 6am. I also have to add 1 degree for each temp mentioned to get close to my temps.  You'll have to mentally draw in the gentle curves from one temp to the next.

98.6                                              98.6

96.8_______________96.8______________________96.8________________________________96.8

12            2          4           6           8               10       12          2            4            6            8          10        12

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,463
dj rayne replied on Sat, Dec 31 2016 6:44 AM | Locked

Another caution would be for those using herbals and supplements. We don't all respond the same to each herb or supp nor may we respond to them the same as our norm if they are in combination. Many things we add are estrogenic, androgenic , adaptogens or have effects on glands that in turn effect our bodies reproductive potential by influincing changes hormonally and not necessarily estrogen or progesterone. We are so much more than just those two but that is what many get stuck on and focus on not realizing that while that may be what presents as out of whack what is actually off track may be something entirely different. The internet also abounds with misinformation that is taken as gospel truth and so many women take things without the understanding of why something may or may not work and what they actually need.

David Jude

My WebCharts

Not Ranked
Posts 423
AlaskanWife replied on Sat, Dec 31 2016 1:16 PM | Locked

Thanks DJ for the info. I knew the evening temp probably wasn't going to be reliable, I was Just so anxious to know if I had O'd or not, it was my own curiosity and impatience! Had to just give it a try. Definitely didn't put that evening temp on my chat. 

My Ovulation Chart

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,462
tmonee replied on Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:48 AM | Locked

Here's a link to the new thread:

http://ovusoft.com/forums/t/300527.aspx

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS