help

TTC Buddy Group January

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,478
tmonee Posted: Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:48 AM | Locked

This is a revolving buddy group for women trying to conceive to compare notes, symptoms, etc.  Every month a Moderator will start a new thread for you.  If you feel a new thread is necessary before then, please alert the moderators by using the Report Abuse feature. 

Good Luck! Baby Dust

LINK to last month's thread

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,013
justtryingthisout replied on Sun, Jan 1 2017 12:48 PM | Locked

Happy New Year, everyone!

laluna - It looks like your timing is great! Fingers Crossed for you!

Alaskan - Yay for the new thermometer! Good luck with that UTI! Are you feeling better yet?

weimlover - I hope your rash isn't anything serious and that you get some answers!

Mellie - I'm glad that appointment with the NaPro went well! Are you going to go for the surgery, or are you going to try the new medical approach first? Maybe you won't need it. Maybe you caught the egg this month! Luck

AFM - I haven't been very active in this buddy group recently, so since it's the new year, I decided to start off with a post! I'm really hopeful about our chances this month! I got a + OPK on Friday, and I think our BD timing is good! I didn't temp this morning, though, because by the time I went to bed last night (after drinking), it was less than 3 hours before my normal temp time! So we'll see if my temp goes up tomorrow. 

DH: 34 Kiss Me: 30

History of endometriosis

TTC #1 since Aug. 2016

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 444
AlaskanWife replied on Mon, Jan 2 2017 4:10 PM | Locked

Justtrying: Glad to see you jumping back in with us here :-) Hopefully you've seen your temp rise now? Good luck in your 2WW! 

I hope all the rest of you had a great weekend ringing in the New Year and are doing well, wherever you are in your cycles! 

AFM: Definitely have not ovulated :-( Looks like another failed round of Femara for us. I got really upset with DH this weekend because I tried to talk to him about it and he came across very "uncaring"... which I know is just the typical way men deal with infertility, but it's still frustrating. He didn't have the comforting response I needed him to have, and I definitely got too upset and emotional about that. We are okay now though. Just trying to determine where we go from here. I'm on CD20 so should probably induce a period again soon. I have a couple of new natural supplements from the Dr to try to balance hormones and insulin, but I need to find out if i can take Femara at the same time as those. And also whether it's worth continuing with Femara, since I'm not responding to it. 

Me (30, PCOS, annovulatory, chronic pelvic pain) and DH (31, good health)
Surprise pregnancy June '15, mmc at 6 wks. TTC our Rainbow 

Jan-April - trying natural, all annovulatory
May-Dec - 4 rounds of Femara, 3/4 resulted in no ovulation
(Laparoscopy in Nov showed no endo and tubes clear)
Jan - 7.5 mg Femara - seemingly no response, then CD22 ovulation!

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 467
laluna replied on Mon, Jan 2 2017 4:47 PM | Locked

Alaskan - I'm so sorry you still haven't ovulated and that the Femara doesn't seem to be helping you. I would try a new approach if you are not ovulating with Femara. Either a change in dose, a change in meds, or a break from it to try something different like the supplements you were recommended. How frustrating. I understand how you feel about your DH's reaction too. We keep so much of this inside that they don't see and when we do say something we hope they are on the same page. I think you are right - a lot of times they are on the same page but react in a way that appears like they don't care. My DH did this for a while but then he became more invested in the process and is trying to be more helpful. I hope your DH realizes what a big deal it is to you and doesn't dismiss your frustration. 

jtto - glad to see you back. Looks like you got your first high temp and your timing was good. Looks like we're cycle buddies. 

Mellie - thanks for summarizing what you learned form your NaPro appointment. Glad you are getting a series done for the E2 and progesterone to see how things develop for you. Why does he suspect endo? I know a lot of people do it, but my RE recommended against it when I asked him because he said sometimes the risks outweigh the potential benefits. Also, that sounds like a big does of Femara! I would hope the side effects wouldn't be too strong. I haven't heard of anyone doing that before. Is that something you feel like you are comfortable with? How often do you need to meet with the NaPro doctor? 

weim - any news on your biopsy? That sounds a little different from typical pityriasis rosea, especially the itching part. But I've only ever had it once. Is it common to get it a second time? I thought I remembered reading that you typically only get it once. 

AFM - It took 3 days after my +OPK but I think I finally O'ed yesterday. This is actually the clearest temp jump I've had in a long time. And luckily our timing is great. On to the TWW.

Me - 34, DH - 41

TTC #1 since May 2014

3 Clomid cycles - BFNs

Unexplained infertility

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 320
nyc1979 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2017 9:40 AM | Locked

Happy New Year everyone! 

Alaskan: so sorry you're still waiting for O. I'm also sorry about your DH's reaction. They really suck at being compassionate about this stuff. Hugs to you. I'm sorry for the frustrating time you're having. I hope you get some answers asap on the Femara and the supplements. 

jtto: hi there! Fingers crossed for you!

Mellie: sounds like you had a good appointment with your NaPro doc! Bets of luck to you getting some answers and on the Femara!

weim: sorry about the rosea. How frustrating! 

laluna: yay for a positive OPK and a clear temp jump! Looks like you have great timing. Fingers crossed for you!

AFM: last cycle seemed super promising and my temps really kept me hopeful...but a good chart does not a pregnancy make. lol. Soooo, I'm back. CD 4. Just waiting to see how it goes this month. DH doesn't understand my urgency and frustration, but I'm trying not to discuss it with him since all it does is stress him out. I'm giving myself the 6 months before going to the RE. Setting a timeline sort of makes me feel better. 

Me: 37 DH: 36-- married 8/2006 

Baby Girl Grace born 1/9/14

My Chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 760
soon2be_mrsd replied on Tue, Jan 3 2017 12:11 PM | Locked

Hello ladies- I hope everyone is well and had a nice relaxing break for the holidays.  Back to work is so hard after a long time away huh?

I am doing ok.  Trying to figure out what this means for us moving forward.  I scared myself reading stories online for women having multiple ectopics but I'm also not really feeling completely done trying yet.   Obviously the emotional recovery from this lap compared to September is much different, but the physical seems harder too.  I tried to get out and walk a little each day and usually wound up getting dizzy and extremely tired after a bit.  Yesterday I made it a few hours around the mall before it hit though.  So far I'm ok at work, but sitting makes me hurt a bit more than other positions so I'm feeling very aware of my pains.  I've been feeling very angry, which I know is normal and definitely a stage of grief.  I used to sulk about my infertility and feel life was not fair and it would never happen and I was working through that.  One thing I used to be thankful for was that I did not lose a baby in all of the trying.  I felt encouraged that I was spared that additional heartache.  So obviously now I feel like I was just kicked while I was already so far down.  From a nerdy/interesting standpoint (hey I have to find something...)  as we all know, doctors use LMP to determine due date/dating and since I O'd CD12 (as opposed to the universal assumption of CD14), I was 5w5d last monday during my ultrasound.  So the u/s machine had me at 5w2d (not sure why not 3 days but whatever) based on my LMP.  When the doctor measured the sac, he dated it as 5w5d ... somehow that made me happy knowing that my O date was right. The sac, if I'm reading the report right, was 10.5mm.   My HCG if you were following that - did continue to rise.  It was 3465 the morning of the u/s and my surgery later that day.  The doubling time was about 51 hours so not terribly out of the norm.  My progesterone, which was the trigger for my doctor worrying was 4.2 then supplements 11.6  then on the final draw it was 6.6 so I think my body was recognizing the added supplements were not helping.     I feel like, in a way, I owe charting my life though because if my temps would not have rose I NEVER would have tested (after the bleeding I had) and I would have gone away (an 18 hr road trip) for a week with an embryo in my tubes waiting for ovulation.... maybe it would have ruptured on the trip and I easily could have lost a ton of blood or worse.  So thank you charting.  Thank you post-O temps at a weird time.  

Me: 35   DH: 33

TTC #1 since February 2015

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Natural BFP 12/17/16!   Ectopic Loss 5w5d  on 12/26/16

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle - Freezing all for Transfer in April

My Charts:   http://ovusoft.com/members/soon2be_5F00_mrsd/charts/default.aspx  / http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/53a80b

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,629
Heather678 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2017 3:43 PM | Locked

soon2be - AH I loved your note about charting saving your life. I was literally thinking the same thing as I was reading your updates. I think that's a reason that you have an upper hand on trying again even with the risk, because you know the second to start closely monitoring. Most if not all the women with the horror stories of the 2nd ectopic pregnancies probably weren't charting. I think it can give you a little confidence if you wanted to keep TTC, but obviously you should do whatever you are most comfortable with. Charting seriously is the best - I can't imaging going back now, I feel like I would always feel so lost in my cycles. Anyways, so sorry again for such a rough few weeks. :( Sounds like your feelings and reactions are 100% understandable, justifiable, and normal. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,013
justtryingthisout replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:27 PM | Locked

Alaskan - I'm glad you and DH are doing okay now. Sometimes it takes a tough conversation to get on the same page or at least see where the other person is coming from. I'm sorry you are not responding to the Femara. Sounds like it might be time to try something else!

laluna - It looks like we are cycle buddies. You have great timing! And a nice clear rise! Baby Dust

nyc - I've found that once I get over the disappointment of AF arriving, there's something exciting about starting a new cycle. Good luck!

Mrs. D. - Hug Your feelings sound completely normal. I hope either time or more information will help you find your way forward from here.

AFM - To my surprise, my temp actually dropped, but now it is back up. I hope it was just a fallback rise! Another day or so will tell.

DH: 34 Kiss Me: 30

History of endometriosis

TTC #1 since Aug. 2016

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 444
AlaskanWife replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 10:20 PM | Locked

Laluna: That's so great that your DH has become more invested and helpful in your TTC journey. I know it's so encouraging, the times that mine has stepped up to ask questions and seek to understand what's going on. 
You had a great temp jump! Very nice. Hope your 2WW passes smoothly!

Nyc: Thank you for the hugs :-) I'm sorry AF came despite your promising chart. You mentioned you're on a 6 month timeline; where are you on that timeline now?

MrsD: Good to see you back here. That is super interesting - how you never would have known apart from charting, and it probably did save your life! Amazing. A blessing in the pain, right? Still thinking of you and praying for you.. I truly hope you get some answers as you keep moving forward.

Justtrying: Glancing through your charts, it looks like you typically have a fallback rise at 2dpo, so I'd guess that's what happened!

AFM: My urine culture came back negative for a UTI, but since I've had the symptoms for over a week, my ANP prescribed a mild antibiotic. I'm already feeling improvement so hopefully this knocks it out! 
The ANP told me to wait 1 more week to see if I ovulate, then induce AF if not. Plan for next cycle is 7.5 mg Femara. 

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 438
MellieC replied on Thu, Jan 5 2017 12:02 PM | Locked

Happy 2017!!

JTTO:  Yay for a positive OPK, good timing, and a temp jump - and YIPPEE for a gotta be lucky 1/1 O date!!

Alaskan:  I'm so sorry that the higher dose of Femara didn't do the trick - but good news on that antibiotics for the UTI and so nice to have a good plan set up.  

Laluna:  Another lucky 1/1 O!!  and with lots of good timing and a beautiful temp jump to boot - yay for you guys!!  Yea, the NaPro dr suggested a lot of things that were unexpected (strange?) to me.  I guess it is good though since the status quo isn't working?  I am not sure what I will do yet, I have an appointment with my regular RE on Monday to discuss his suggestions - so I am thinking to wait and see what she says before I decide.  I was supposed to go back to the NaPro dr in another two weeks - but I pushed it back a month to complete some hormone testing first (see AFM below).  After that, I am not sure.  

NYC:  I'm so sorry your beautiful chart didn't end with a BFP :(.  I agree, having a plan/timeline makes me feel so much more patient because I know exactly how long I have to wait for vs TTC's normal seemingly never ending waiting.  When are the 6 months up?  

MrsD:  What a beautiful sentiment about charting saving your life.  Also, I am so glad to hear you are doing okay.  I saw your post in the other thread and it sounds like you have done a lot of good information gathering and now just working on healing and soul searching about IVF?  I hope you will keep us posted on how both of those are going?  I am sorry I don't have any advice on your decision other than ongoing Hug.

AFM:  Well I generally O between cd 14 and 16.  The earliest ever was cd 13.  Welp - not anymore - I O'd on cd 11 this month!! I was traveling away from my DH for a week so we have virtually no chance.  Plus we were doing the NaPro hormone study so I will have to start that over next month too.  Dope!!  Good news is I was already well into my TWW by the time I identified what had happened, so at least less long of a wait Stick out tongue.  Bad news is my spotting came back.  This is my first completely unmedicated cycle in about 5 months - so I was hoping maybe the medication had rebooted me during that time and the spotting would go away.  (Hope springs eternal, right?)  No such luck though.  

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

working with RE since 6/16 due to spotting throughout the LP

Stage I endometriosis dx and removed 2/17

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 760
soon2be_mrsd replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:46 AM | Locked

Hey ladies,

nyc- sorry your last cycle was not a success... a pretty chart certainly causes some excitement!  I agree with you that having a plan, even if it involves the dreaded "be patient and wait!" is a good feeling!

laluna- did you stop temping in the LP or just not input the most recent.  I was so happy to see a nice temp shift for you and that you got good timing despite DH's travels.

Heather - delayed congrats!

JTTO- great temp rise (hard to know for sure if it's a fallback or not, but it very well could be!) and nice timing.  I hope this is your month.

Alaska- Oh I'm bummed for you about femara.  I know it's all expensive and you have limited options close to your home.  I wish you could have some monitoring so you know a little more detail about what is going on.  I have seen some people respond to femara at a higher dose though so you never know.  Have you or would your ANP consider clomid?  It's a little tougher side effect wise (for most people) but its been used longer and some people respond better to one over the other.  

Mellie- the NAPRO report was fascinating.  I am anxious to see what follow-up with that doc brings you and if you decide to go with the lap.  I was thinking of you about the robotic lap when I had that small bit of endo found during my 2nd surgery.  I wondered if maybe he missed it or something and maybe a robot would have seen it instead? lol  not really the case- I'll post about that below.   Your timing... yeah it was rather rough this month, but you just never know!  I mean look at my success chart. Timing was awful and my O date is most likely accurate as shown so... yeah no clue how his boys stayed alive that long and why that time out of all the months we tried?  I was sharing your spotting situation and what you have done so far/ideas for future with someone on another infertility group - obviously I didn't use your name or anything I just mentioned to this person who has spotting that sounds very similar to you and she has also had progesterone draws that come back normal and everything else normal.

AFM- well, we are done trying so I really don't belong in this group, but I'll probably follow along for a little bit.  My personality is "ruining my life" right now but I can't change my personality so I just have to deal with it.  Two of the largest traits in my personality are responsibility (I'm dependable, responsible, rational) and caution (I'm not a risk taker)..... so basically those two traits have driven me to stop trying naturally.  I'm too responsible and cautious to take the risk!   Then on the flip side I'm also too responsible and cautious to drop $15,000 or more (without alot of thought and soul searching) on IVF which is our only chance for a biological child.  So yeah...  I am still trying to come to terms with what this means for us...being open to adoption and fostering and also being open to embryo adoption ... vs IVF.  I don't know if I'm being led right now in a  "pregnancy for you is not your path to parenthood, see what happened?"  or  "see you can get pregnant don't give up on that yet"   way.  I enjoyed being pregnant.  It was short lived and I felt kinda crappy overall (physically but also with the wondering/worry of bad numbers) but I felt a joy and purpose in it.  I felt like it was right.  I had not looked at baby gear or anything like that in a looooong time and I started looking at cloth diapers and trying to nail down which OB I was going to see for delivery - it felt right.

OK so at my follow-up with the RE (which we always have to add -- whom I love!), he told me the endo (which I mentioned to Mellie above) was actually NOT behind or near the tubes.  The endo was very small and it appeared to be scarring/caused from the previous surgery.  not sure if you all recall but I had "extensive" adhesions in my abdomen found the first surgery- these were unexplained but possibly assumed to have originated from a hernia operation as a baby.  (RE said they could have also been infection or STD, but I'm fairly certain I had neither of those).  They extended from my abdonmen all the way to my pelvis but then stopped.  he put a barrier in place to prevent future scarring and said it worked wonderfully.  the endo was found at the edge of where that barrier was (it dissolves in a few weeks) and where it meets my pelvis region.  so it was not really on any of my reproductive organs, but it was nearby and like the abdomen adhesions he found before, even if it's closeby, it can somehow affect things.  My right tube healed really well from the cyst removal, but he fears there is something structural going on in the tubes due to the ectopic.  He said they both looked normal in September and he would not have suspected issues.  What made me sad was when he told me the path report came back showing placental tissue in the tube.  It felt more real in that moment.    My HCG was 31 on Wednesday.   I have to go back in a week to check again.  They want to track it to 0.  I imagine it will be either 0 or close to it next week so hopefully it will be my last draw, but I might need 2 more.   I started birth control pills last night as my RE gave me the OK to start them with my current level.     My plan right now is to stay on them through April because we have a family wedding out of state (already booked flights and such) and I don't want to be in the middle of anything then.  I wish we could try on our own because I feel like my body got a nice little reset  (while I was having "weak" ovulations when I did O before, I think it was really the extended sickness and polyps that got me out of ovulating at all-- I feel like I would continue to ovulate on my own).... but I just don't feel like that is the right choice.  It's not that I don't trust charting for TTA, but I need more closure and certainty right now and honestly, I don't want restrictions about when we can have sex on top of everything else in my life right now...I don't see us using condoms on fertile days and having to monitor my CM and possibly OPKs... it would be depressing knowing I can not act on my findings.

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

My Charts:   http://ovusoft.com/members/soon2be_5F00_mrsd/charts/default.aspx  / http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/53a80b

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,500
dj rayne replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:09 PM | Locked

Spotting is estrogen related. It can be caused by a number of things that estrogen effects and it may be an E/P ratio that is off but not enough progesterone or a precipitous fall in levels brings on a bleed not spotting. Now the amount of bleeding has everything to do with how much lining estrogen built.

Not Ranked
Posts 444
AlaskanWife replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:52 PM | Locked

Mellie: Wow, that is quite an early O! What a bummer that you were away from DH and had no chance for BD at the right time! That stinks. I'm sorry your spotting has returned too. Hopefully the NaPro hormone tests will give you some answers there? (confession: I just now googled NaPro because I had no idea what it meant! Pretty neat.) 

MrsD: Yes, I would consider Clomid, and my ANP and I have talked about it. She wants me to try Femara 7.5 mg first and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't work the first time, I think I will push a bit harder for Clomid. 
It makes me sad for you, to read that you are done trying. It's really good that you and DH have come to a decision, and hopefully you are both at peace about it. It totally makes sense that you need closure and completion - at least for a while - and not to have to see +opk's and limit your lovemaking. I can understand that choice. Down the road whether you decide on IVF, adoption, or something else, I know your heart will find healing from this, and I trust God will give you the family you're longing for, some way or another. Please keep in touch!

AFM: Not much going on here. Just waiting to start progesterone in a few days.  

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 2,411
*Amber* replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 10:12 PM | Locked

Just popping in to join the thread. We will probably be in the TTC boat again by the end of the month. 

Not Ranked
Posts 438
MellieC replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 2:50 PM | Locked

hahhaa, Mrs D your post has a lot I want to respond to - so I am going to split my response into sections Stick out tongue

MrsD re Mellie section:  hahaha what a nice way to phrase our timing problem.  My poor chart looks like we were aiming for TTA this month!  I am always excited to hear what other folks are doing/being told - so please let me know if your other forum person finds anything that is working for her.  I am SUPER excited to see how this detailed hormone series will go next month and if that tells me anything new.

MrsD re TTC group:  As far as I am concerned you will always be welcome in this group, but I can see why it feels unusual.  I have been doing a LOT of reading and talking to my DH about adoption.  I know you and I may very well end up taking different paths - but I would be thrilled to join a "TTC/considering parenthood options" type group with you.  Not sure there is anyone besides us that would be in that boat though.  It could be a place where folks like Orangekitty who are pursuing new treatments could go also to get sounding boards and encouragement.  Or others who are just trying to find the best path would be interested?  I dunno, maybe something to think about.  

MrsD re RE visit:  That visit sounds really heartbreaking Hug.  I totally get having zero desire to chart and have fertility stuff always on your mind.  I am glad you feel comfortable with your choice to go on the birth control and hope that it treats you well and you don't have any of the side effects.  It stinks to have to wait until April if you choose IVF, but it sounds like that might be a really great break for you guys to take the time to decide the path you want to take.  Having a few months will give you the time to really talk/soul search and come to a conclusion you both feel good about without the stress of having to decide right this very minute.  Please keep us posted on how things are going for you.  

Alaskan:  hahaha, the only reason I know what NaPro is was from googling fertility alternatives - so I am right there with you ;).  When will you start the progesterone?  I am oh so hoping the higher dose of femara does the trick for you!  

Amber:  Welcome!!  You say TTC "again" - do you have little ones?  Glad to have you with us, but hope your stay here is short!! Flowers

AFM:  I had an RE appointment today.  She agrees with the NaPro doctor and says since IVF isn't an option for me that the laparoscopy is a good idea.  (Also says while doing a laparoscopy might as well go ahead and do a hysteroscopy).  So, I am just waiting on them to coordinate with insurance and such and then I will get it scheduled.  I am bummed, but both doctors think it is a good idea and think I should do it before I do any more medicated cycles.  So the plan is hormone testing series this month and then laparoscopy/hysterocopy the month or two after that.  Maybe within a few months I will have some good answers!   

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

working with RE since 6/16 due to spotting throughout the LP

Stage I endometriosis dx and removed 2/17

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 2,411
*Amber* replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 11:47 PM | Locked

Mellie: We do have children. Last month I had my third miscarriage and they found a cyst and solid appearing nodule on my ovaries so they want to do a sonohysterogram after my next cycle. I think I ovulated on Saturday or so, so shouldn't be too much longer to move on with SHG. They are also checking for clotting problems, MTHFR, & lupus. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 720
SoccerGirl replied on Tue, Jan 10 2017 11:26 PM | Locked

Belated happy new year everyone! Flowers Sorry I fell off the radar for a while!

Weim- I hope your itchy rash is long gone by now and that your new year is going well!

Laluna- Your cycle/chart is sounding and looking so promising!  Fingers Crossed that this your month!

Alaskanwife- I am so sorry that you didn't ovulate this cycle.  How frustrating to not even feel like you are getting a chance to catch an egg or have a TWW.  Hopefully bumping up the dose will do the trick.  You ovulated once on femara, right?  Hopefully your ovaries get the hint and do it again.  That is odd that your urine culture came back negative but good that you are responding to antibiotics and hopefully your symptoms are long gone by now.  

Mellie- Ugh at the return of your spotting and the timing not working out this month. :(  It sounds like you are on a good track with your napro though, hopefully that will lead to answers and a BFP.

justtryingthisout- Looking at your chart it looks like your temp is dropping with spotting. :(  It's never over until AF shows though!

nyc- I'm sorry your promising chart didn't lead to a BFP.  What a tease those months can be.  Your 6 month plan sounds good.  Something about having a next step in place makes it easier to wait I find.

mrsd-  What a roller coaster you have been over these last few weeks.  I am so sorry that you are having to make these very difficult decisions and also that you are in this situation grieving for your baby.  That is also amazing that charting saved you from who knows how bad of a situation (and it's such a testament to your strength that you are able to see any kind of silver lining in your situation!)  Praying for peace for you and that your path ahead will become clear.

amber- Welcome!  I am sorry for your recent loss.  It sounds like your doctor is being thorough which is great.  I hope your tests go well and that nothing serious is wrong.

peony- Thinking of you and hoping that you are doing well!

AFM- Today I had another early (for me ) + OPK at CD11 so it looks like I'll be Oing soon.  I have resolved to try to keep the charting to a minimum to keep me from obsessing but I also can't give it up completely because the info is invaluable.  We'll see how that balance turns out, haha!  I've had a couple appointments since I last posted.  I decided to speed up the timeline for acupuncture after some holiday stress and went last week.  The acupuncturist I found has only ever specialized in fertility so I am feeling positive about her expertise.  It was incredibly relaxing!  I'll go just once a month for now though since my benefits will cover hardly anything.  I also saw my naturopath and discussed how my free t4 and free t3 are still low even after upping my dose last time it was checked.  She decided to try me on a thyroid supplement for a while and I'll get my thyroid blood work done in 3-4 weeks to see if that helps.  I'm not really sure what my timeline is going to look like now as far as investing further in acupuncture or trying Clomid but getting my thyroid levels optimal is going to be the first step and we'll go from there.  

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

April 2016- discovered subclinical hypothyroidism with thyroid antibodies- taking NDT, I also have other autoimmune issues

Not Ranked
Posts 444
AlaskanWife replied on Wed, Jan 11 2017 12:21 AM | Locked

Amber: Hey, welcome to the group! Glad to have you join us. I'm so sorry for your losses and that you've just been through it again recently. That's so heartbreaking. Hope your tests turn out really well with no serious problems. 

Mellie: Bummer, I'm sorry you have to postpone TTC for the laparoscopy. I hope it brings you some clear answers though. How are you feeling? Looks like you had a temp drop today too. 
Interesting you mentioned a group for considering adoption or other parenthood options. I'm actually finding myself in that place these days, too. I've been thinking a lot about adoption this week. My DH is for sure not on the same page though.. but it's something I've known I wanted to do since I was a teenager, and has been on my mind a lot recently.  

Marie: Good to see you back! Thanks for the kind words. Yes I did ovulate on my very first round of Femara but not in the 3 cycles since then. Yay for a +OPK, hope you catch that eggie! That's great your accupuncturist is a specialist for fertiity; hopefully she can be really helpful for you. If you don't mind my asking, was your thyroid hyper or hypo? 

MrsD, Peony, and everyone else: Thinking of you all; hope things are going okay. 

AFM: I'm supposed to start progesterone tomorrow morning, provided tomorrow's temp is still low. For a few days this week I've been super emotional about the whole infertility thing, thinking a lot about adoption (see my personal to mellie above), and yeah, just really sad and emotional about all of it. Even to the point of dreaming about it at night! Pretty crazy. I don't know what's had me all messed up. I've definitely felt better the last day or two, thankfully. It'll be nice to move on to a new cycle. 

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 353
Peony replied on Wed, Jan 11 2017 11:57 AM | Locked

First of all, Happy New Year to all! I try to include everyone in the January thread. Sorry but I will not go back to last month.

JTTO-  your timing looks great, but the spotting not so! I hope it can still turn out well for you!! Fingers Crossed

Alaskan- thank you for thinking about me, that is very kind! I am super sorry to see that you did not respond to Femara this time either!! Sad I hope upping the those will be enough to kick start your ovaries! Sorry you are feeling so emotional, but I can truly understand! Hug I hope you will get to a decision with your DH that both of you feel at peace with. Good luck next cycle, I keep everything crossed for you!

laluna- your chart and timing looks sooo promising! I hope it definitely means something! Wink Do you plan on testing?

nyc- that is awful to get your hopes up on a pretty chart and still no BFP! Looking at it from this perspective, I am glad that I have super ugly charts and I always see a decline so I can expect for AF. What do you plan if the 6 months of timeline ends with no result?

MrsD- Hug both hubby and I are heartbroken for you guys! I fully agree with your decision on the BCP! I hope you can come to a decision until April. Please keep us updated and don't leave us entirely! Although I understand that it would be strange to be a part of a TTC group while on BCP and reading all the stories of others... But you are always welcome!

Amber- welcome in the group! Sorry to see your repeated losses! I hope they can find some casue they can treat!

Mellie- I am sorry to see you missed O this month! I think the same thing has happenned to you like to me. Marie mentioned a link about earlier O after being on progesterone (and I think you only took P last LP, right?) I also had the earliest O this month around CD9-10. Here is the link if you wish to dig a little deeper: http://www.ovusoft.com/forums/t/255920.aspx I see you had a super short cycleSad, but onto next cyle and I hope O will be at usual time! Please keep us updated how the hormone tests go! I hope they find some answers during the laparoscopy/hysterocopy! 

Marie- thank you too for keeping me in your thoughts, I am touched! You were right on the early-O-after-progesterone-thing!! Thank you!! I see you also have quite an early +OPK today, but if you O tomorrow, I think CD12 can still be good! Even so with such a great timing! I also love acupuncture, so I hope it will give you the benefits you are looking for, besides enjoying it! Good luck this month!

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

AFM- as I have mentioned in my posts above, I had my earliest O ever! Only going by O pains and cm, but I may have O'd around CD9-10 (31/12 or 1/1) and we BD'd twice on 31/12 (AM and PM), not that I knew what was going on. But I do not have any hope for a positive outcome, since I always have thin lining (even with O on CD13...) and I do not think an egg can properly mature by CD10.... I just wait for AF impatiently to start stimulations. I just hope AF does not come on Saturday, as I have to go in on CD2, and the clinic is closed on Sunday. If we do not succeed with the first round, I will ask about going onto BCP for a couple of months, if that sets my hormones into a normal level... and I just sooo much hate TWW with a lot of stomach symptoms and not having any hope that it is because of a baby in there!!!

Good luck, everyone! I will try to be more active when we start injections!

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 760
soon2be_mrsd replied on Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:29 PM | Locked

Amber- hey!  I replied to your OPK thread and glad to see you are here in the discussion group too

Mellie- I have been participating in an infertility group on another site (I can share with you if you want to talk privately) and it's been really helpful to me.  They have an offshoot group for people who get pregnant after infertility and one for "childfree" after infertility. I recently found an offshoot group for adoption after infertility (they of course have a regular adoption group too)-- well, the infertility adoption group was not very busy at all- seems like someone started it about 6 months ago but then kinda left it.  I tried to revitalize it last month then I got busy with pg/loss stuff and I feel bad that I lost momentum in getting some people to the group.  but all that to say that this type of group is on my mind- I'm not completely sure if it will be our next step so I'm still hesitant to jump back to that group and try to make it active again.  I have a book on my nightstand -- I only read a few pages of it before I found out I was expecting (because I literally just got it a few days before).  It's an older book (like 90's?) and I got it for 0.01 at amazon plus shipping used!  It's called Adoption after Infertility.  the reviews were all good and many said it was a good book to get them thinking and moving forward on that path.  like ttc is never going to leave you and your struggles in that area, but if you go adoption, you have to go all in (or at least be all in while concurrently dealing with fertility issues) and apparently this book helped some folks who reviewed it.  I got it because I was struggling with trying to decide when to move forward and was I really ready or not?  would an agency or homestudy person pick up that maybe I wasn't ready?  what do I need to do to be ready (emotionally).  So it's something that is pretty strong in my heart that I want to work through eventually and I told myself that I want to finish that book while I'm in my transition right now.

Yeah I feel strongly about waiting until after this wedding.  There was some drama surrounding us canceling our trip (because we canceled before we had the ultrasound/knew anything was wrong) and I feel like people are disappointed in us for not coming.  I was also very much looking forward to the trip and it makes me think about future trips and I just don't want to be dealing with a with a pregnancy, loss, failed cycle, etc for my next trip.

Marie- yeah for early O! always wonderful to have some clear cut charts and positive signs like that!  Hope your thyroid is back on track.  Thank you for the kind words.  I am trying hard to be positive in all this, which I know is not going to be perfect (or expected of me).  

Alaska- well, I'm bummed that you had to go the progesterone route.  I'm glad you are feeling a little better about things even if things are still pretty emotional overall.  It is really hard.  I don't really have anything else motivating to add.  I know starting adoption discussions and such are hard.  It was easy for us in the sense that we both knew it was something we were open to and interested in even because it came up while we were dating (DH has adopted brothers).  It's just adding in other options we are having to do more soul searching.   My DH is all on board with IVF- I dont know if he truly gets it though... like I want to sit down with him this weekend and outline some of the steps and potential outcomes.  It will not be easy at all, but I feel like we could probably figure out how to work with a loan for doing a round of it, but it still alot of risk to take on.  we have the same "value" of money- like as far as what priority it has in our lives, but he's more a spender and I'm more a saver.

Peony- thank you for the thoughts.   earliest O ever?! Geez what is with everyone Oing early this month?  new year, excitement to O?  lol  My 3rd medicated cycle, I had a mature follicle on CD8.... I was like "no way can this be mature"- RE never tested my estrogen or anything.  He said I'd release it in the next day or so... well I did not trust that so I asked if I could take my ovidrel shot since I already had it.  It did release because my temp went up-- I still will never know if it was mature or not.  we didn't conceive that month.  I have heard of other medicated cycles being really really early O and having mature follicles.  but natural- I dunno.  I think CD8 is more the cutoffso you could be good on day 10.   Has your clinic given you any info on your protocol or anything for the IVF?

AFM: well nothing major to report.  Huge drama getting my blood for repeat beta yesterday- I'm blaming the claritin D and early morning so I was probably not that well hydrated.  after 3 attempts, I left and returned a few hours later (after driniking 30+ oz of water and peeing alot) and we had no issues.  My beta came back 14.  so it went down about half in a week (was 31 on 1/11).  I go back next Wednesday for another check.  I'm glad he's tracking it down to zero, but it's annoying to keep going in.    Nothing else going on.  Trying to get in a better mindset to make decisions because my gut (heart?) are feeling way too desperate to be rational right now.  

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS