help

Moving Elsewhere?

rated by 0 users
This post has 111 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 6 (112 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd Posted: Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:55 AM

Ok who wants to talk about moving to another place?

I have two options in my mind - Please add any ideas or comments about what you might like- I'm happy to help lead the charge to save our friendships and knowledge!

1.  Another forum.  I don't really know where though.    I suggested Reddit in the other thread because I've been participating there recently and the format is pretty easy to use.  though it would just be one big forum called Ovusoft rather than individual areas for TTC, TTA, Charting in Peri, Parenting Questions -- different groups could start different threads - I think there might be a way to automatically start chat threads once a month.  And of course you could start any thread you want for individual questions.  There is a way to add labels too that might help sort questions.  I don't anything about formating or modding - I know it's possible though.  And I could reach out to some resouces that might know.   This could be fully public (anyone can find and post), private (people can find and read but need permission to post), or more like hidden (approval to join)

2.  Facebook Private Group - private groups are hidden from your list of "groups" so your friends can't see that you are part of a group called Ovusoft.  This would obviously be less anonymous and as we all know posting on facebook isn't the same as posting on a forum as far as back and forth comments/monthly check in type threads.

Option 3 would be for those who are on Fertility Friend or interested in paying for access to the forums, we can find each other over there.  I'd be willing to join up there if that is what a group wants to do.

Me: 35   DH: 33

TTC #1 since February 2015

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Natural BFP 12/17/16!   Ectopic Loss 5w5d  on 12/26/16

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Not Ranked
Posts 362
murillo replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:59 AM

Well I'm one of the handful of people in this world without Facebook, so... But I also recognize I am not a huge contributor to this site, more of a "lurker" and occasional contributor Flowers Still sad to see it go. The thing is, we can keep exchanging somewhere else, but lose the priceless archived threads here Sad

Just a single Eye learning fertility awareness Yes Hug

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/murillo/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 2,454
NorthStar replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:59 AM

OvaGraph and MyFertilityCharts both have forums and they are free. Actually just looked at MyFertilityCharts Message Board and it doesn't look like it has nice organization. I guess I will be utilizing OvaGraph. 

So much will be lost here! :(

Me(32) Heart DH

DD12 DD7 DS3 TTC since June 2015 

Angel Feb. 28, 2004       Angel Nov. 5, 2006       Angel Dec. 14, 2016 

7w Early Miscarriage  14w Subchorrionic  10.5w Blighted Ovum

Jan. '17 Dx. Hetero MTHFR A1298C & Hysteroscopy

Feb. 18, 2017 Angel Chemical Pregnancy

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 362
murillo replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 10:20 AM

OvaGraph seems most similar to Ovusoft. (Not surprising.) I seem to recall someone from Ovusoft not being able to post any messages with that brand name, though.

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 10:21 AM

I do!!  

I am in for any or all of those.

I also am one of the 15 people left that doesn't use facebook, but honestly it is probably just time to get with it  Stick out tongue and that may be the easiest to start with since we can get it up and running lickity split?  I may vote for this one because I was already debating getting with it so that I could join some other private groups.

I have been spending this morning loading my data into both fertility friend and ovagraph to see which one I like better.  I am fine to move to either of those also.  I am good to pay to use those forums also. 

Thank you for leading the charge MrsD, I will follow wherever we go Flowers

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 10:29 AM

bah haha.  So I remembered I set up a facebook account and linked it with my sister 4 or 5 years ago (but I only friended her before I abandoned).  I got myself reset and logged on - I have like 150 friend requests!?!  Ack!!

Anyhow - I am now ready to go for a facebook group Big Smile

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 10:58 AM

I am interested, too!!

I use FB, also signed up to the Ovagraph a year ago (but do not use it), and I also use FF and CoundownToPregnancy. So I am in to whichever is more convenient or best for the most of the ladies here.

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Not Ranked
Posts 531
Badger4Life replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 11:05 AM

I have fb, but even with private groups, I still don't like having my real named linked to fertility-related stuff.

I joined What to Expect when I was pregnant, and members can make their own groups. There are a lot of people there for fertility-related info (TTC, TTA, infertility, pregnancy), but my favorite group is the Hot Topics group.

This board is way more knowledgable on fertility topics than WTE and other sites are, so I think it would be best for us to stick together.

Kiss Me and my Partner in Crime together since July 2004

Baby Boy Big Bro born November 2013

Baby Boy Little Bro born May 2016

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 11:30 AM

Badger- I agree... this is a very knowledgeable group.  I think we need to move together if we can so we can share the knowledge!   WTE sounds interesting I'll go check it out.  Yes, I agree that with Facebook your real name is out there.  There are definitely some on the board who I feel like I know more than others and would be fine knowing my real info.  Others -- I have seen their name around and know they contribute so it's probably ok, but I don't know them personally so I understand hesitations.  Like you for example- I have seen you around and I know you contribute and have been a long term member with lots of knowledge (both Ttc and tta) but we've never personally connected or been on the same group -- I'd be fine "facebooking" with you but I would not be offended if you came to a different conclusion given our "distance"

murillo- I think your post was super sweet-- thank you for being sensitive and aware of fertility issues!

I think many would go facebook from here and that's cool but I don't want to disclude people (esp those who don't use the platform at all) and I feel like if we had a facebook group for people who picked that route and we also tried to move to another forum -- it wouldn't be as cohesive.  Some don't have time to keep up 2 groups and if the facebook is arguably more convenient for quick check ins then maybe those people would drop off from the forum group.  Just some thoughts.

I don't love the idea of Ovagraph forums because -- while they do seem easy enough to use and have lots of forum options -- they seem to have been pretty rude, negative, and alienating towards "us ovusofters" in the past.  Maybe they don't deserve to have us now!

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:13 PM

I, personally, would find fbook easiest and most convenient but i'll happily move wherever you guys go (that's free ;D)!

Me: 28, DH: 34, Married since June 2012 Heart

Wren Marí | November 18, 2015! Baby Girl

22 cycles, injectables & IUI

Jude Patrick | December 31, 2016 Baby Boy

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

www.bothsidesofthebed.com <-blog! New post- Jude's Birth Story!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 747
SoccerGirl replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:20 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative MrsD! 

I will follow wherever!  FB is an easy option and I would do it but it would be nicer to have the posting format of a forum.  If that is what we did would we just search ovusoft on FB to find the secret group?  That could help members find us who don't notice the site is closing down before it is too late.  I don't know much about reddit but that sounds nice or starting a group on WTE like badger4life.  The idea of doing both sounds like a good option and we could see where it goes from there.

One thing I think is worth mentioning is that a site like WTE is also very pregnancy oriented.  I went to the site and a pregnant belly was in my face.  That and FB profile pics with kids in it could be a very valid upsetting trigger for those who do not have LC.  

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  

Currently dealing with Hashimoto's, possible 'weak' ovulation, AI issues, but overall unexplained infertility/RPL

My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36be0d

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,539
tmonee replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:49 PM

I'm not sure I could join again at OvaGraph (the new TCOYF) because they banned me for posting links when our members found themselves there and asked questions like "Where are all my charts and past posts" "Where is DJ?" They acted like they didn't know what anyone was talking about, so I posted links saying where we were. If they banned me by IP, then I'm done. If they only banned my username, I may be able to create a new account. I don't like their software and I don't particularly like the lingo they use. Would they welcome us as we wouldn't take any of their stupid charting advice?

I won't pay for FF or other sites because I'm not even charting anymore, I just come around to help you guys.

Facebook I'm not too keen on. But I'm super private and I know others aren't as much.

Whatever we do, let's not tie it to the name Ovusoft. They're abandoning us, we don't need to have their name following us around wherever.

Maybe we should start a group conversation with everyone in this thread and the thread started by Gabelle and we could at least exchange email addresses.Then we could save the message out before the end and we'd still be able to get in contact with one another if we don't have things figured out by March 31.

Not Ranked
Posts 341
orangekitty replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:54 PM

I'd love to move as a cohesive group somewhere but facebook isn't going to work for me. I'm planning to deactivate my account in the near future and I'm applying for a job that won't allow me to have an account for security reasons. Of course I understand if that's easiest for the majority!

I've used the Ovagraph forums before and... blech. The mods are SHOCKINGLY uninformed, though they seem nice enough. They're just not as educated as the wonderful mods here. Plus the software does some weird things, like basing ovulation on the lowest temp in your FP, despite the fact that not everyone has that pre-O dip and sometimes the rise after it doesn't fit the rules for O. I've downloaded the Kindara app to try it again, fingers crossed. I do agree that on any of the boards I've perused, the women here are definitely the most educated. More than once  I've found myself uncharitably rolling my eyes at the misinformation being perpetuated in other forums.

Wherever I go I'll stick with my same username, so if you see me somewhere please feel free to message me and reintroduce yourself! It will be nice to see a familiar "face"!

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Not Ranked
Posts 531
gabelle1995 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 2:40 PM

With regard to option 1, what about a community in Google+ ? It could be private, moderated, and organized into "topics" (so not one big forum). https://support.google.com/plus/answer/6320395?hl=en&ref_topic=6320361

I'm on Facebook but hate posting private things there even in private groups.

Not Ranked
Posts 37
padfootchick87 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 3:31 PM

I will go wherever. Just let me know where!

Me: 30 Kiss DH: 36

Married since 09/21/2012

Off HBC (implanon) since February 2013

TTA - ish Smile

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/padfootchick87/charts/default.aspx

1st BFP ever on Christmas day, 2015 Baby

Baby Boy 8-23-2016 Heart 

Not Ranked
Posts 223
Cm262 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 3:37 PM

I prefer Facebook for ease but I will go wherever. I have found soooo much helpful info in the archives here :( I'm devestated sndbkind of wishing I could download them all somehow. :( 

DD October 2013

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/Cm262/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 223
Cm262 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:15 PM

Google + doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll keep the same name as well. Ah so sad at this news! This site has meant so much during my pregnancies and the in betweens. 

DD October 2013

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/Cm262/charts/default.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:44 PM

I like the Google + format!

My google is tied in to my full name/personal details - which is ok if the forum we create is private.  I don't know if everyone has a google ID?  You can always create one for this forum if you didn't want it linked to your personal stuff.  I'd prefer to do something invite-only/non-public 

Not Ranked
Posts 396
drdonna replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 4:51 PM

I too am interested in following wherever. I know I don't post a whole lot, but l learn so much by reading others' experiences and it helps to feel "connected".  I am on Kindara under my same username but the forum format and mods here are priceless.

I'm not keen on FB as I have a hard time keeping track of various groups there. 

Me - 44 DH - 41

DS born via c-section (breech) 02/19/13 Baby Boy

TTC #2 since August 2014

BFP 11/21/15 Broken Heart 12/19/15

BFP 12/2/16 ending in chemical 

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 437
RunnerJulia replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 5:59 PM

I'm also interested. I'm on FB and I'm on Kindara, but I will go where ever!! 

Me: 43  DH: 49

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/RunnerJulia/charts/default.aspx

"When life gives me lemons, I look for the vodka."

“Running is about finding your inner peace, and so is a life well lived.”
Dean Karnazes

Page 1 of 6 (112 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS