help

December 2016/January 2017 Babies

rated by 0 users
This post has 81 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Fri, Jun 24 2016 1:00 PM

Apple- Congrats on getting married! That's so exciting! Hopefully you can get some naps here and there to catch up on your sleep. I'm so tired too. That's crazy you're already feeling movement! How cool. None yet here. I didn't feel any with dd until I was about 19 weeks, but I've heard you can maybe feel it earlier the second time so maybe I'll feel it soon!

Spuli- Glad you are starting to feel better! It's so hard to function when you're feeling awful. That'll be so fun to keep the journal and pics. I did so well with last pregnancy taking weekly pics and stuff. Not so much this time haha. Whoopsie!

AFM- I'm doing well, my nausea is easing off too. I'm just SO hungry all the time. I'm pretty much exclusively breastfeeding our 7 month old plus pregnant hungry... I literally CANNOT eat enough. I'm eating ALL the time. I even wake up in the middle of the night and eat sometimes. I still haven't put on a pound and have actually lost a little I think. I'm not worried about it, just amazed that I can eat like this and not become a whale lol. I'm showing a lot! I look like I did when I was like 17 weeks pregnant with dd. I have my next appointment on tuesday at 11+3. They are getting us on track with their schedule of appointments starting at 12 weeks, so we lucked out and got to have 2 appointments 2 weeks apart! Hoping I can get a good nub shot so we can take a guess at the gender. I think we are planning on doing the NIPT genetic testing then too. We didn't originally do it with dd, but we found a soft marker on her anatomy scan so ended up doing it at 20 weeks. I think we're just going to get ahead of it this time so we know that everything is (hopefully) okay, so if we find soft markers or anything like that, we'll know that it's most likely nothing. Not sure if we'll find out the gender from that. I know they can tell, but I don't know if it's included in the cost of what we're paying for. Are you guys planning to do the NIPT?

Me: 28, DH: 34, Married since June 2012 Heart

Wren Marí | November 18, 2015! Baby Girl

22 cycles, injectables & IUI

Jude Patrick | December 31, 2016 Baby Boy

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

www.bothsidesofthebed.com <-blog! New post- Jude's Birth Story!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Fri, Jun 24 2016 4:10 PM

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Wed, Jun 29 2016 8:34 AM

Just a quick update... had another appointment yesterday and everything looks great! We did the NIPT testing, so we should have those results (& the gender!) in a week or so. Yay!

Hope you all are doing well. :)

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Not Ranked
Posts 227
smurphette replied on Thu, Jun 30 2016 7:39 PM

Glad to hear everyone's updates!  Apple, congratulations!

My family is moving (across town) this weekend, so things have been kind of crazy around my house.  I haven't ever moved while pregnant, so I'm working really hard to keep myself from lifting much if anything.  I told my husband that I'm management for this move.  haha. 

Baby is doing fine.  I started my progesterone shots this week--it hurts!  But glad to have an option to keep my babe cooking longer.  And we found out that we're having a GIRL!! 

Happy 4th to all!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Fri, Jul 1 2016 12:39 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am aware that it goes really quiet in here at times, I intend to post but find it impossible to do on my phone, and scheduling in laptop time at the moment is really hard! Someone always wants/needs me (yes I know this is only going to get worse!).

Cliff you have a very cute bump :) I don't know what NIPT is (we are offered tests for Down's, Pateaus and another Trisomy that I can't remember free when we get a dating scan), that's cool that you find out gender with it though. I take it you are both keen to find out? I hear you on the hunger thing. I really don't know how you are coping with the BFing, it makes my boobs (even more) sore just thinking about it.

smurphette sounds like you are thrilled to be having a girl :D How come you need the progesterone?

Thanks for the congrats!

My little pudding seems to be coming along well too, movements getting stronger by the day and I am able to feel them with increasing frequency all the time. If I lie on my back I can see them too- no kicks yet but if the babe is active a lump can often be seen pushing out and moving from side to side. Still getting some BH contractions but they have settled to what I would consider "normal" for me, from what I can remember! My next NHS scan, the anomoly scan is quite a few weeks away. I thought it would be nice to see the babber again before we go on honeymoon, so we are booked in for another private one a week on Monday. We'll hopefully get an idea of gender- I'm not bothered either way but DH REALLY wants a boy. I have warned him that if this baby is anything like my youngest, it won't let us get a good enough view to call it anyway! I must have had 6+ scans with her as she had kidney issues, didn't get a clear view on any of them!!

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

3 daughters born 2001 (twins) and 2006.

BFP 17th April 2016- Baby boy "Christmas Pudding" due 22th December 2016!

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Fri, Jul 1 2016 1:06 PM

Forgot to say- I also got a doppler this week, cheapy used one from ebay for a bit of fun.

DH's face lit up like Christmas when he heard the heartbeat! It was really nice to enable him and the kids to experience something a bit more tangible, it's easy for me to connect with the baby now it's moving but nothing can be felt from the outside quite yet so for them it's just a belly really.

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 227
smurphette replied on Fri, Jul 1 2016 8:38 PM

Apple--My boys were both preterm--34 weeks and 29 weeks.  I'm also over 35 this time, so we're trying every possible intervention to keep this baby in for at least 37 weeks.  The progesterone shots have really good results, so hopefully it will work for me!  It was super sore the first day and I still have a bruise 4 days later! 

Glad you got a doppler--what fun!  I may have to get one, too.  My oldest is a lot more aware of this pregnancy than my last.

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Cliff--I agree, you have a super cute bump!  And kudos on continuing to breastfeed.  I weaned my 18-month-old this week.  He was only nursing 2x a day, but it was still hurting like crazy!  I went ahead and weaned him since he'd be spending the weekend with my parents (d/t our move!).  He's doing well with it, but it still tugged on my heart everytime he signed "please" for nursing.  Also, we worked really hard for it (I exclusively pumped while he was in the NICU) so I was reluctant to let it go.  It is nice to have my boobs back.  For a few months, anyway!  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 135
spuli replied on Tue, Jul 5 2016 12:01 PM

smurphette: I am on progesterone shots, thru week 17 and they do hurt a lot and tend to bruise you up pretty bad. Try to alternate sides, i usually use a Ice Pack before the shot, it numbs the area and you feel nothing after the shot if you could have DH massage the area a bit, and use a heat pack (the alternating, massage, cool/hot packs really help a lot).

Apple: The doppler sounds so fun. I might get one too. Do u have any recommendation for a brand? 

Cliff: Bump looks cute, have to agree with everyone. I still cant post from my phone so next time i have access to a laptop i will post some baby bump pics. 

AFM: Nausea still bothers me but it has reduced a lot am able to eat more than what I have been the past few months. My next OB appointment is Friday.

Me 32 DH 39

TTC Since Dec 2012
Multiple Cysts, Endometriosis and Blocked Tubes June 2014
IVF#1 Oct 2014: 32 Eggs, 8 Frozen, Cancelled Fresh Cycle Transfer due to OHSS
FET#1,2,3,4 Dec 2014 - April 2015 BFN
Changed RE's 
IVF #2 Nov 2015: 22 Eggs, 4 Frozen, 2-5DT Blastocysts BFN
Dec 2015: Balanced Translocation per RE additional genetic testing for DH & I.
IVF#3 Feb 2016: 38 Eggs, 4 Frozen PGS/PGD

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Thu, Jul 7 2016 10:56 AM

Hi girls!

I am still lurking a lot on here, I tend to see posts when they are new but am either on my phone or unable to post due to interruptions! This forum seems ever so quiet at times, it would be nice to see a bit more activity. I will try to post more...

Cliff have you had your test results back yet??

Smurphette- ah I see. I read other peoples stories on here and feel incredibly lucky that the only thing I have ever had to take during pregnancy is iron tabs. I take it the docs have no idea why you have early deliveries before? If you get to term you are going to feel like you have been pregnant forever!

Spuli- sorry to hear you are still feeling sicky at times. I really hope it clears up for you during the next few weeks and stays away, it makes SUCH a difference not to be batling with that every day on top of all the other symptoms. The doppler I got is called Angel Sounds- just seemed to be loads of them available 2nd hand and the product reviews were ok. Do bear in mind though that the babe really doesn't appear to like it! Moves away from the doppler pretty quickly and becomes very active and kicks alot (which you can hear). Apparently this is quite common, and my MW did say that the ultrasonic waves can be felt in the uterus. She also warned me if I had concerns about reduced movement later on, not to use it for reassurance and ALWAYS report stuff like that to hospital/care team straight away.

AFM all seems good with the babber, far fewer BH and movements steadily becoming stronger, although I don't necessarily feel them every day. Unfortunately I am already having issues with my joints. I had this last pregnancy, and could barely walk by the end due to my pelvis being so unstable. MW has put in a referral for physio, but it is likely to be a few months before anything comes through. I have a support belt ready, but beyond that, painkillers and crutches there is not much else that can be done apparently. I am also SO tired, in part I think to hip pain in bed affecting my sleep. I have to turn over fairly frequently which is no easy task with a body pillow in the bed. I think DH is getting annoyed with it already as well, which does not bode well for when I take up 2/3 of the bed with my belly as well :/

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Fri, Jul 8 2016 8:11 PM

Sorry, have not been on my computer much! This weekend is going to be busy so hopefully Monday I can come back for a real update. Testing came back and all is normal and tomorrow we're having a small gender reveal with the family so we will find out then!

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Sun, Jul 10 2016 6:04 PM

It's a boy!!!! ๐Ÿ’™

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Mon, Jul 11 2016 12:39 PM

Applecake- Oh nooooo I'm so sorry you're having joint problems. I had them with my last pregnancy too and am dreading the return. For me in started around 20 weeks last time, so we'll see when it pops up. I did so much research last time and didn't find anything that could really help. The support belt actually made me more uncomfortable. I hope it eases up on you. Are there any stretches or exercises you are doing? Glad the BH have slowed down and that you're feeling movement! So exciting. 

Spuli- Very glad your nausea has subsided enough to let you eat more. How did your OB appointment go? How are you feeling besides the nausea?

Smurphette- I hope the weaning went well! Congratulations on making it to 18 months... that is AWESOME! I hope the PIO shots do the trick this time to keep the babe in longer! Congrats on your baby GIRL!! I see you already have 2 boys??

AFM- well my updates are above. Testing for T13, 18, & 21 all came back low risk and we are having a baby BOY! So very excited. Feeling pretty good overall. The nausea is mostly gone during the day but pops up a little in the afternoons. Eating a ton to maintain breastfeeding. My milk still seems to be coming in well, so I'm really thankful for that.

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:39 AM

Hi everyone!

How are all the mamas and babbers?

Cliff! Yay how lovely for you one of each!! How did you do the reveal? And how did your family react? Good to hear all your tests gave good results, and that you are feeling better :) I had SPD start around this time last preg. possibly a couple of weeks later on... I know the risk of having it again in susequent pregnancies is very much increased, but I don't know if it necessarily starts earlier. Hopefully you will be ok til at least 20 weeks- maybe you'll be lucky and not have it at all!

In the process of looking at exercises, I was hoping to get back into some yoga but I am worried about taking my hips too far in any direction. Do you know of anything specific? The belts are ok for short periods if you're standing up. Impossible to sit in if they are low enough to support the hips though! I have seen many comments about giant tubular bandages worn over bump right down over your arse, so have ordered one of those. Will report back whether it is any help or not worth bothering with.

AFM, we had our private pre-honeymoon treat scan yesterday, took the kids too :). I mentioned that we were going to try to guess the gender from what we could see on screen and see who was right- sonographer had a little look around to get her bearings before finding us a decent shot and OMG, even when she just swished past there was absolutely no mistaking it! I asked if girls can still look like boys at this stage and she said yes, but there was no question about our little one!

I don't know if it's normal at this stage but our BOY(!!!) has the most enormous ball sack! Bless him I did feel a bit intrusive after a while, he was there legs wide apart like a typical bloke and we're all just staring at his bits going "wow."

Very pleased though, DH really wanted a boy so this means I don't have to do this again, yay!

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Kawvball replied on Tue, Jul 12 2016 2:25 PM

Spuli and Smurphette: hope you are both doing well! :)

Cliff and AppleCake: Yay for boys! I am so jealous that you both know so soon! I will have to wit for my 20 week appointment- but that's only 6 more weeks! 

AFM: I feel so thankful that tomorrow I will be in the 2nd trimester! I am feeling quite a bit better during the day, but still fighting the night time blahs. I am so thankful that I am on summer vacation! I would be the worst teacher right now!

We still have not announced to our families, as we were waiting for the 14 week mark. I bought a shirt for my niece, who has lived with us for a few years, that says big sister. She will be the first to find out, then she will wear it to a family bbq and we will see how long it takes people to figure it out! We won't be doing any social media announcing- we aren't big into FB, and I still have this huge feeling of guilt that I am pregnant, when so many friends and lovely ladies are not. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I really do. 

Not Ranked
Posts 135
spuli replied on Tue, Jul 12 2016 7:11 PM

Cliff: congrats on the baby boy! Glad nausea is improving and breast feeding is going good! 

Applecake: Yaay for boy! Am sure DH must be pretty excited knowing that he really wanted a boy! Hope ur doing good otherwise, joint pains are not too bad. 

Kawvball: I totally am not into FB revealing either we did a reveal to close family and few friends via text! Hope ur symptoms get better as u start 2nd tri soon. What a fun way to reveal to ur niece, I'm sure she will be delighted. let is know how it goes.

afm: My scan and OB visit went good! We did PGDPGS with our IVF so we know we have two boys on the way, but were able to confirm one of them in the ultrasound this week. The other one was lying head down so it was hard to take a sneak peek :) of the little one. Hopefully next appointment we get to confirm this. DH & I are taking a trip to Hawaii this week, quick get away, calling it our babymoon! 

Me 32 DH 39

TTC Since Dec 2012
Changed RE's 

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Mon, Jul 18 2016 1:57 PM

Hi everyone

Are we all into 2nd tri now? I hope everyone is feeling better than they were and not too tired.

Kawv have you done the t-shirt bbq anouncement thing yet? That's a sweet idea :)

spuli nice that you had another good scan! Babymoon sounds good, get away just the 2 of you while you can. A lot of people do that I think.

AFM I am off on honeymoon for a couple of weeks on Friday so probably won't be around as I find it almost impossible to post using my phone, although I can read easily :) I am finding sitting and driving is really aggravating my pelvis despite starting doing exercises and wearing support. Today at work I actually couldn't sit on my chair as my legs were going numb :O we ended up putting my pc up on crates so I could stand instead which provided temporary relief, but something had popped majorly out of place and I ended up in a lot of discomfort until I got home and took all weight off the sore side by lying down, and then doing some re-allignment exercises. Went out with the dog too which seems to be helping lots, and gives me an opportunity to improve her loose lead walking in preparation for walking alongside a pram. Feel fine now but dreading tomorrow- What the heck do I do, I have a desk job and can't stand up for the next 5 months?! HR have suggested regular walking breaks around the building but I really need a seat solution! Trying to get in with a chiropractor before we go away, and crossing all fingers and toes that it can sort me out to do all the driving I will need to on honeymoon (DH doesn't drive :( )

At least my little chap is boggling away on a regular basis making me smile and reminding me why I am doing this!

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 135
spuli replied on Mon, Jul 25 2016 9:35 AM

Hi everyone just saying Hi to see how everyone is doing. Hope you ladies are doing well and enjoying the energy boost and lesser nausea in 2nd tri. Anyone feel the baby movements yet.? Applecake hope you are having a good time on your honeymoon. 

Me 32 DH 39

TTC Since Dec 2012
Changed RE's 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Cliff1016 replied on Mon, Jul 25 2016 9:51 AM

Apple- We did the box with balloons reveal. It was so fun and the family was so so excited to be there with us when we found out! So glad you are getting your boy! Hope you are enjoying your honeymoon & feeling better!!

Kawv- It looks like you'll be announcing soon! Are you excited to finally get to share?

Spuli- Ah I hope you had a great trip to Hawaii! So jealous. When is your next scan?

AFM- 15.5 weeks here. We have an appointment tomorrow, so looking forward to that! Maybe feeling movement but I'm not totally sure yet. It's not consistent or strong, so I feel like i could easily confuse it with bubbles in my belly. Still starving but getting my energy back and exercising again, so I'm glad about that!

3rd cycle NTNP while EBF

Chart

See bio for details. =)

Not Ranked
Posts 227
smurphette replied on Mon, Aug 8 2016 1:40 PM

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to be MIA for so long--we moved at the start of July and didn't get our Internet set up till the end of the month!  :-/

All is well.  Weaning is still a go (or a stop?!), which has been a little sad but nice!  Baby girl is growing and doing really well. 

Cliff--what a fun gender reveal! 

Not Ranked
Posts 69
AppleCake replied on Tue, Aug 9 2016 6:04 AM

Hi Ladies and bumps!

Gosh it has been quiet in here, I was expecting to have lots to catch up on :/ I hope this means that everyone is well.

Cliff the reveal sounds sweet, people don't seem to really do that here in UK. I had to fight to stop DH getting straight on social media and posting up a photo of our little one's "frank and beans"!!! I bet you're definitely feeling that movement now, amazing how strong they become in just a few short weeks.

Smurphette did the move go ok? Have done that pregnant, not much fun. Ah it won't be long before you have another babe on the boob :)

AFM break away was lovely although I did miss the dog terribly! And the kids of course but I am used to them being away with their dad, never spent more than a night away from the dog! Hips and sacrum were very painful for the first week, and not at all helped by lots of driving and camping. Second week everything was SO much more comfortable though, and we were in a posh hotel so I did actually have a chance to rest and take advantage of being waited on before having to drive all the way back!

Umm, I did have a bit of a blip however and passed out (wearing nothing but my knickers and in front of a complete stranger, go me!), requiring an ambulance ride to a&e :( Had lots of tests done and everything was fine apart from very low blood sugar, which is unusual for me so need to have a chat with my midwife about that. Felt crap for a few hours but then got taxi'd back to aforementioned posh hotel where the manager was waiting and had food sent up to our room :) So glad it happened there and not while we were camping in a remote valley!

FAM since July 2014

BCP on and off 1997-2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS