help

TTC Buddy Group December

rated by 0 users
This post has 72 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 4 (73 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,536
tmonee Posted: Sat, Dec 3 2016 7:54 AM | Locked

This is a revolving buddy group for women trying to conceive to compare notes, symptoms, etc.  Every month a Moderator will start a new thread for you.  If you feel a new thread is necessary before then, please alert the moderators by using the Report Abuse feature. 

Good Luck! Baby Dust

LINK to last month's thread

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 9:56 AM | Locked

Hey ladies! How are you all?  Happy Monday

Me: 35   DH: 33

TTC #1 since February 2015

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Natural BFP 12/17/16!   Ectopic Loss 5w5d  on 12/26/16

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 1:35 PM | Locked

Hello All!!  I hope everyone (in the US) had a happy Thanksgiving?  I am way, way behind on my replies, but I will do my best to catch up!  

MrsD:  Oh. my. gosh.  Look at that temp rise!!  What a beautiful O, I am so thrilled for you!!  I'm sorry that you had BD problems this month, I know how disappointing (and frustrating!) that is.  But I definitely agree with the other girls that this is still a good news month with that all by yourself O.  Flowers

LaLuna:  Oof, your chart is tough to read this month, I'm sorry that must be so frustrating.  Are you still confident you already O'd?  I am also sorry that I don't have any advice on how to make a stronger temperature shift.  You hate the TWW the worst??  That is so interesting because I think I hate around O the worst (well after the negative tests, of course).  The TWW I can just say it is out of my hands and wait, but around O all the trying to hydrate and make schedules align and get the timing right w/o my DH getting burned out.  Ugh!  

Peony:  Yay for those improved test results!!!  Hopefully the AMH came back great today, as well??  Any word from your dr on what these results mean for your IVF plans?  I see you got a positive OPK today!  Hopefully the BV had a chance to clear up so you can catch good timing for this cycle Fingers Crossed.

Alaskan:  So glad to hear the procedure went well and you are feeling better now.  I am so happy for you that everything seemed to be okay, and so disappointed that you are still left with the question of what is wrong.  Your nieces sound adorable!  It is so hard to be truly happy for another person and still have those feelings of jealousy and disappointment for ourselves.  We have all been there, hugs to you on getting through it.  

HopefulLiz:  Hello!  Good to hear from you again, but I am sorry to hear you are still struggling.  

Weim:  Ugh, so sorry on the in laws, how fun for the upcoming birthdays though!!  Sounds like lots of big plans/events for your December.  Are you doing anything particular for your boys first birthday??

Heather:  Looks like things are starting to gear up for you a bit??  How are you feeling about the likelihood of O approaching?  Also, happy belated birthday to you!!  

NYC:  Welcome!  Hopefully your stay here will be short and you will get your BFP right out of the gate Flowers  Looks like you had great timing, when do you think you will start testing?  

AFM:  We finished our last medicated cycle last month - BFN.  I was MIA after that as I needed a little time to grieve and then DH and I took a big international bucket list vacation for a couple of weeks over Thanksgiving.  But I am back now!  I O'd on Saturday with decent timing, but unfortunately not much in the way of EWCM.  I will start crinone (vaginal progesterone) tomorrow, other than that - just settling in to wait.

On a completely unrelated note for anyone who writes Christmas letters.  What do you guys put in your Christmas letters about kids?  Last year we had only been married for 7 months and I was completely silent, but this year more and more people are asking us about it.  We are reasonably open about wanting to have kids (i.e. when people ask us we say something like "soon hopefully").  I am mostly just tired of being asked and so I am considering putting something about it in the letter - but was curious if any of you had tackled the topic?  

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Heather678 replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:38 PM | Locked

MellieC - Welcome back! I also find it helpful to step away for a while after an unsuccessful cycle ends. Glad you had good timing not about the lack of CF. Maybe there was more up there than it seemed. I'm actually in a similar boat right now - I got a pretty positive OPK today but lousy CF. Maybe it will pick up tomorrow. I'm trying to up my water intake today to see if that helps. Anyways, to answer your Christmas letter question, I wouldn't mention anything about it at all. Its not everyone's business. If anyone gently asks you about it in person, you can explain as much as you want at that time, but I personally wouldn't mention it. I'll be stocking your chart!

soon2be - Oh my gosh, I'm just catching up on all of this. I'm so sorry for your bad timing and failed attempts! I think we have ALL been there, you are not a loser. I haven't been mentioning it to DH either, because I don't want him to feel pressure. I know that eventually I probably will, but these first few months of TTC, I won't be. It's nice to see your pretty chart even with the poor timing. Isn't it nice to see our bodies doing what they are supposed to do?

laluna- I'm sorry about your confusing temps :( Hmmm, I wonder if you O'd :( Is your chart set to temps only? I think your O has been marked wrong in some of your recent charts. Ugh, wishing you the best!

peony - YAY! I'm so happy to hear about your good lab results! But sorry about your BV :( I hope it passed quickly. I looked at your chart and YAY, I see you got a + OPK and with great timing. Can't wait to see your temps shoot up in the next day or two.

Alaskan - How are you doing?? wow looks like a good temp jump with good timing! I'll be stalking your chart ;) 

AFM: Lots of excitement with you ladies, I'm happy to see so many of you in your 2ww already. I got a dark OPK today so I will hopefully be joining you soon. I'm pretty sure my body was trying to O about a week or so ago - a temp dip, some EWCF, and a dark (but still clearly negative) OPK. But everything dried up and nothing happened. My OPKs have been getting darker yesterday and today the test line was as dark as the control line, so I marked it a positive. I looked back at old pictures and found my +OPK when I got pregnant with #2, and the test line was WAY darker than the control line. I wonder if that was a stronger ovulation than when the test and control line are the same darkness? OR maybe wondfo OPKs don't hold that much power. haha. I attached a pic of the OPK incase anyone was curious. There has been a shortage of peed-on-stick pictures around here, if you ask me! I haven't been that great about taking my temp every day for all different reasons. Sometimes the cat will wake me up a couple hours early, a couple times I woke up to the sound of the blood curling scream of my 3 year old son "I POOOOOPED!" waiting for me to wipe him.... I am hoping I will be able to get the important temps recorded, though. Also - we haven't been able to BD like we should either, for all different reasons. I had stomach issues yesterday but I"m hoping by this evening i will be good enough to put out, ha. OH, and my CF has been lame! It's been white/goopy/gummy/sticky with some remnants of EWCF. Trying to drink a lot of water today and tomorrow in hopes that it will pick up. Anyways - thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll see my O in the next few days! (I usually get 2 days of +OPK and then a day or 2 before O, so it could be a few days still. 

Me: 30 -  DH: 30  Married 2008

Began Charting September 2012.

Baby Boy A.B. born naturally July 29th, 2013

Baby Girl O.C.  born naturally September 1st, 2015

Baby due September 11th, 2017!

HeartPraise God from Whom all Blessings Flow.

My Charts

Not Ranked
Posts 458
AlaskanWife replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:58 PM | Locked

Hi ladies, 

Sorry I don't have a ton of time - we were at a work conference last week, and then today started 4 days of intense strategic planning meetings with the rest of our staff. This is an annual thing; we take time every winter to evaluate the past year and plan for the year ahead. It's good - just loooong days of sitting in a conference room. 

Mellie: Glad to see you back but I'm so sorry your last medicated cycle ended in disappointment. ((hugs)) I hope you and DH had a wonderful time on your vacation. That sounds like so much fun! Will you be trying naturally from here on out, or are you considering other options? 

Heather: I didn't actually O, the temp jump is from taking progesterone to induce a 'fake' LP and and AF. I have to do that every so often to 'clean my system out' because otherwise I only have maybe 2 periods a year. 
Looks like a nice +opk, hope you get O soon.

AFM: As mentioned above, I started progesterone on Thursday to hopefully induce AF so we can do our next round of Femara. That's about all to report in the TTC realm. 

I do have a very personal question that's not TTC related.... have any of you ladies experienced a situation where your DH is really good friends with another woman who is single and very attractive? Ugh. That's going on right now. I completely trust my DH (well, I want to!), and I know he would never cheat on me, but I feel so grumpy about it! She makes me feel so inferior as a woman, and he likes her so much, and talks about her so highly, I sometimes find myself wondering if he wishes he'd married her instead. Am I being ridiculous?? I haven't talked to him about it because I feel like it's mostly my problem that I need to get over, not that he's necessarily doing anything wrong.  Any advice from a wife perspective? 

Me (30, PCOS, annovulatory, chronic pelvic pain) and DH (31, good health)
Surprise pregnancy June '15, mmc at 6 wks. TTC our Rainbow 

Jan-April - trying natural, all annovulatory
May-Jan - 5 failed round of Femara (only ovulated on 2/5)

Starting in March, trying natural for a few months
Vitamins + supplements, CycleSyncing diet, fertility massage, yoga 

My Ovulation Chart

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Heather678 replied on Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:22 PM | Locked

Alaskanwife - ah yes I totally forgot about the progesterone, sorry!  I would totally be bothered by my husband having a good friend that is an attractive single woman. Even if you don't have the worry that he will cheat on you (I know my husband never would either), it still uncomfortable. Do they work together? Do they have time alone together?  Have you brought it up to him?

My Charts

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Heather678 replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 8:05 AM | Locked

Hmm, I had a temp jump this morning (it always jumps to 97.9 the day after O and that's what it was - I even temped over an hour early but didn't have it change it). I am a little surprised if that truly was O, my body didn't really follow its usual progression...I have had stomach issues since Saturday night (diarrhea), it explains the lack of BD but also might possibly explain the raised temp - my body fighting the bug, which would be weird because I'm over the worst of it and don't really feel sick anymore, but am not back to normal yet. Anyways, only time will tell, as always! I did feel some O pains yesterday but even that was hard to tell if it truly was O pain or just gas. Does anyone have back pain with their O? It wasn't painful but I could feel it in the right side of my back directly behind my right ovary. Maybe all just a coincidence, or gas pain haha. Our timing wasn't great but I guess close enough to still obsess a little bit.....;) Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness!

My Charts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,029
justtryingthisout replied on Tue, Dec 6 2016 11:42 AM | Locked

Alaskan - I have been on the other side of that. Back before DH were married, but while we were dating, I was in grad school and I had a group of close friends in the grad program that included one guy. DH was jealous of that guy, and I could not understand why, because I was not at all attracted to him, and in fact I knew he had a crush on another girl. It took me a really long time to realize that it wasn't enough that I knew I wasn't cheating and would never cheat, and it wasn't enough for DH to intellectually trust me. What really mattered was how I made him feel. I made him feel excluded and less important. He said to me that in his opinion, when you're in a committed relationship, that relationship has to come before other friendships. I was really putting that group of friends/classmates before my relationship with DH. Unfortunately, it took me a really long time to see it. When the program ended and we all moved away, I made the conscious choice to not really try to keep in touch, and those friendships naturally faded away. But even then, I didn't totally understand what I had done to DH until a few years later when he was in grad school, and he completely put me and our relationship ahead of any friendships he developed there. Now, we pretty much socialize together. Occasionally, we will do things separately, but most of the time it's together. So, I think it's completely fair for you to feel the way you do, and I think you should bring up your feelings to your DH.

Mellie - I don't write Christmas letters, and I don't know anyone our age who does, but I know my parents used to give and receive Christmas letters. (We just give someone generic Christmas cards along with gifts. I do know a lot of people with kids who send out family photo cards, but they don't generally write long personal notes.) If I did write Christmas letters, I would not put anything in about wanting kids, and I think I would find it really weird if someone sent me a Christmas letter that mentioned kids, unless they actually had kids or were pregnant (and pretty far along). I don't feel like it's really anybody's business. If you are sick of people asking you in real life, I don't think that putting anything in a letter would actually stop the questions. If anything, I think it would invite more questions! But, that said, I think it also depends on your comfort level. DH and I are not being very open about TTC right now. When people ask us, we just say, "Eventually," or "Sometime in the near future," and deflect any follow up questions about what "near" means. If we were in your position, I think we would start telling people about our struggles in real life. But I don't know about in a Christmas letter.

Heather - I hope you are feeling better! I get back pain with AF but not with O. I pretty much never get O pain, except this cycle I did have some brief AF-like cramps around O.

AFM - DH and I took this cycle off from TTC, to avoid a due date conflict with my sister's wedding, so I've been lurking but not posting much. It has been really good for my mental health to not stress out about TTC and timing BD and eating right, etc. BD was much more enjoyable without feeling like I had to schedule it! But this cycle is lasting forever! I didn't O until CD27!!! We BD at 2dpo, which I figured was safe, but the software is telling me that that counts as "good" timing. I don't think it's really likely. 

DH: 34 Kiss Me: 30

History of endometriosis

TTC #1 since Aug. 2016

My Chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 11:56 AM | Locked

Mellie-  I don't write letter either, but I do send cards to family and close friends.  If you feel comfortable telling people that you are trying to conceive (I know your sister had trouble too so perhaps your family is open/understanding/wanting to know about it), you could always write something in the letter about Christmas being a time of wonder and how you and DH like to watch children (family members/close friends- maybe even name them) light up with excitement when they meet santa or open a gift etc.  you could say you are looking forward to sharing those memories with ___  this year.   Then add on that you and DH are still praying that God will bless you with a child or guide your path to parenthood in 2017.    However, like other people said, if you feel like your family will just ask MORE questions or make it uncomfortable, it's completely reasonable and acceptable to ignore "the kid question" all together.  We have not seen DH's family since..(well we saw his parents in July - they arrived day after IUI #1 so it was the topic of conversation and they knew we were trying/having problems anyway prior to that) -- the rest of his extended family has not seen us since May 2015 and I don't know if his parents have shared things with his grandma or brothers for example.  So we are visiting at the end of this month and I'm trying to prepare comments or replies.    They are all super sweet and caring people so it's not that I don't want them to know, but I also feel like I'm still pretty emotional about it all so I'd rather choose avoidance of the topic beyond "we are having trouble conceiving" -- like I don't feel like I want to hash out that we've gone through treatments and the doctor told us there is nothing more we can do with his grandma for example.  There is one person who is kinda on the outs with most of the family, but she is also mom to my inlaws only grandkids at the moment (one is due Jan 7th) so it's not like we can completely avoid her-- I'm most worried about her because her personality is such that she will not be happy with a simple answer -- but she's also extremely nosey/rude so I also imagine DH's mom has already filled her in, but who knows.

Alaska- I have not been in that situation, but like JTTO stated, it can come in many forms.  It doesn't have to be a person, you don't have to be married, etc.  If something is making you feel bad or taking away from your marriage in some way, just talk to DH about it.  I'm not the best with emotions and talking sometimes so it's easier for me to write things out- do that if it helps you start the convo (I'd never rely soley on written convo for a serious topic, but there have been times in our infertility journey so far that I just can't get the words out and after a day I am able to write it to DH then we can start talking about it)  The only thing I'd say is that if it's a woman he only sees at this conference like once a year -- maybe it's just the excitement and energy of it all and you should ignore it for a couple days.  You know what I mean?  like if you knew it was just a fleeting moment and this is how DH always gets when you go to the conference or see this person for 2 days a year, etc.  Otherwise your feelings always matter.

Heather- still thinking O or sickness?  Hmm

JTTO- glad you are having a nice relaxing month!

AFM:  eh... I dunno.  I'm just chilling here.  I guess I'm 7dpo. I had some spotting last night (way early for me).  So not sure what that is about.   It was just a teeny tiny bit- maybe it was from BDing the night before even?  There was a tiny bit more this morning.  Oh and my temps have been boring and lame.  Nothing else to report here.  

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 3:08 PM | Locked

I apologise but I do not scroll back to last month's thread, so I hope I do not miss anyone!

Mellie - it is good to hear about you! I have been missing you, but I totally understand you wanted some time to grieve and try to look forward again. I see you had great timing this month, but I am sad to see the spotting already started?! WTH?? Don't you continue on supplementing the LP? Or maybe the estrogen is the thing missing? What are your plans now? Will you try Napro? I am sorry, but I do not write Christmas letters (not even sure what is that for Shrug, sorry), so I can not give any advice on it.

Heather - heyy, good to see your updates! That is a great second line IMO! I think it can vary on each brand how dark the second line gets. I only do OPKs for the 4th months, but started with different brand and the test lines were darker than the control line on those, even though I am using ultra sensitive ones now. The stomach bug sounds awwwful! I soooo fear them and hate them!! Hugs to you!! I hope you will feel totally fine shortly. I do not think that the bug raises your temp now that it is almost gone. You may had a quick surge! Sorry for the lack of CM and the not so optimal timing, but knowing your circumstances, I think that is the best you were able to manage! I did have major pains radiating to my lower right back this month when I O'd so it is possible for you too!

Alaskan- sounds like you are still keeping busy! I am sorry you have to fake another LP Hug. Will they increase Femara for you, or do anything differently in order for your body to respond to the med?
I am sorry for the situation with your DH. I had a similar issue with one of my ex-boyfriend, and I was always suspecting he liked that girl more than one should like a colleague. It was annoying me and did tell him several times, but he told me not to worry. He did not cheat on me, but after we broke up, he ended up dating that girl and thes are together ever since. So my intuitions were good. It is not to tell you that your situation may be the same, just I want to suggest you to listen to your gut. I would try to look at the situation from his perspective and act accordingly after that. But mentioning him in a not too offensive way would never hurt. Hugs to you!!

JTTO- it is good to hear that the break was a mental refresh for you! Will you TTC next cycle? Sorry for the long WTO! Did you O late before being on HBC? Or is it a new thing for you? I do not think there was too much risk in BD at 2 dpo.

MrsD- sorry you are feeling bad about your temps... Maybe it is just under CL due to the secondary estrogen surge! Also spotting can be caused by that too (or maybe implantation) I keep my fingers crossed for it to stop! Are you taking any progesterone this cycle?

AFM- well, TWW is here for me too, sooner than I hoped... Another early O for me and I already feel discouraged, since my lining is always too thin. Last cycle it was only 7 mms with O at CD13... I drank yarrow tea to help me in egg maturation, and maybe balancing my hormones, and nw have started to use up some left over progesterone suppositories. They are expired now, but it won't hurt, I think...Shrug We ended up having a yeast infection, but could fight it off by the time O was approaching. I almost missed my surge this month, only started OPKs the day before my + OPK. Strangely, DH started to have a totally different attitude to the timed sex, and he is wanting to know when I am ovulating, and he is willing to BD whenever we have to. So this way it is not like the usual love-making sex, but pure baby-making act of a couple of minutes (sorry TMI), but the result is what matters for us! This way it is much less pressure on me to fake like I am horny for the third day in a row lol! Laugh That is way easier this way. But if we do not succeed this cycle, we will take next month off of trying or doing anything fertility-related. I have to gather up some strength and enthusiasm to jump into IVF. BTW, my AMH came back at 0.67 instead of 0.46 last time, so not much difference...Sad I do not think that there is a point in talking to my infertility doc about it prior to the beginning of our medicated cycle. Oohh, and that is what I mostly fear! I had the worst O pains this month, and can't imagine how I will feel when not only one follie is growing in me, but many of them!!! Surprise Sorry I am just blabbing now... thanks for reading!

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 747
SoccerGirl replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:36 AM | Locked

Hello everyone!  I hope it's okay if I jump in here too. Smile  I hope I will be able to keep up with everyone!  I'll catch up with everyone from December...

Let me start by saying to those of you going through PIF I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. Hug  It is such a hard  thing to go through.  SIF is a different beast and I hope that nothing I say in regards to my having a DC already will cause offense to anyone.  I will say that this group seems pretty unique in that it has women in all different areas of their fertility journey and I think that is great! 

Mellie- I'm sorry your last medicated cycle was a BFN.  I hope you had a great time on your vacation though and I've got my fingers crossed that your good timing this month pays off.  I don't write a Christmas letters so I don't have experience with them but if I did I personally wouldn't mention it unless it is something that I was really feeling in my heart to share, which there is nothing wrong with doing.  I think the others are right in that some people would be more nosy but it would also make some people be quiet for sure.  Either way I don't think there is a way to get people to stop asking questions.  It can be hard being open with people because it puts you in a vulnerable spot but it's good to create awareness also.  It's a hard balance.

Heather- Yay for a positive OPK!  I too have wondered about the darkness of the test line being an indicator of a stronger ovulation as I've had darker test lines on medicated cycles.  I think there is only so much stock you can put into it though considering it's a qualitative test.  I had to laugh at you describing your son calling you to wipe him as my son (who is pretty much the same age) always screams "I'm DOOOONE" at the top of his longs any time he needs a wipe, lol.  It's effective though as we hear him no matter where we are in the house.  I'm sorry that you had stomach issues and your timing didn't work out as well as you'd like but it still looks not too bad as you said.

Alaskan-  I don't think you are being ridiculous at all!  Have you told your DH how you feel about the situation?  I believe that in marriage it is good to have healthy boundaries/safeguards in regards to having friends of the opposite sex.  Not because you don't trust each other, it is just better to keep things that way.  Are the feelings of inferiority/feeling like your DH might've wished he married her instead coming from your perspective of dealing with infertility?  That is a tough thing to feel.  I'm sure you are a wonderful wife and that your DH loves you dearly for who you are but perhaps a heart to heart with him could help you feel that?  I have asked my DH if he had wished he had married someone else who wouldn't 'kill off' his babies.  Looking back it is a horrible thing to say but when you feel so broken those feelings just come and I just needed to hear my DH say 'No I do not wish I married someone else, we're in this together', etc.  Anyways I hope your meetings are going well and that your next femara cycle will be the one! 

justtryingthisout- I'm glad that your cycle off was relaxing.  I would agree that 2dpo would not be good timing.  

mrsd- Sorry your temps aren't looking great and that you are having some spotting.  

peony-  I'm sorry that your cycle is turning out to be discouraging and that your AMH is still not looking good.  That is great that your DH was so willing to participate in baby making sex, haha.  I'm hoping for you that despite all that is looking bleak you can still have a last minute success before your IVF!  

AFM- Please feel free to call me Marie instead of soccergirl.  I made that account name when I was planning on just charting online and it was the first thing that came to mind. :P  You can find a summary of what has gone on with me in my siggie.  My DS was a Clomid baby but my 3 pregnancies since that (which have ended in miscarriage) were all unmedicated (except I was on vaginal Prometrium my most recent pregnancy.)  I'm currently CD 2 on the 7th month TTC since my most recent loss.  3 of those were Tamoxifen medicated cycles that were unsuccessful, especially the 3rd month where I think I had some cystic activity going on and didn't ovulate I think.  According to the RE at the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic I go to I am 'unexplained.'  However, I am also seeing a naturopath who specializes in fertility and thankfully she is willing to go a bit outside the conventional thinking in my area.  My free T3 levels were a bit low and I have thyroid antibodies so we're taking care of that with dessicated thyroid, which has continually needed to be upped.  When I was tested for antiphospholipid syndrome it was technically normal but there was a slightly off value, so that combined with the fact that I have mild raynauds and I have another minor autoimmune disorder caused my ND to put me on an anti-clotting supplement to improve circulation.  She also suspects some degree of ovulatory disorder (weak ovulation?) but it's hard to put a finger on exactly what is going on since I do ovulate on my own and my progesterone is okish but it took Clomid to get me DS.  I will say I have learned a lot of things that do not work for me along the way so at least I have made progress that way!  My current regimen is just to use 70mg of compounded progesterone cream externally around the vagina after ovulation to see if that will help with the estrogen dominance that seems to be a problem for me.  I ovulated on Day 14 last cycle so that was a good sign.  I think Clomid will be the next step if this doesn't work in the next month or 2.  Sorry for the rambling!  I hope it isn't too confusing.  I find it confusing to deal with myself!  

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  

Currently dealing with Hashimoto's, possible 'weak' ovulation, AI issues, but overall unexplained infertility/RPL

My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36be0d

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Heather678 replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:00 PM | Locked

Marie - Welcome! Were you around when TTC your son? I feel like I remember you... :) Welcome! Wow you have a lot going on but it sounds like you are doing an excellent job getting everything figured out. I hope you aren't around here TTC for very much longer.

Peony - Thank you! I always appreciate your thoughtful and encouraging responses. With another high temp today it felt like it might be O, but I took an OPK today for the heck of it and it was positive! I'll explain more in my AFM's, but I want to say don't give up hope yet. My DH definitely doesn't mind baby-making-duty-sex but he does get burnt out after a while (I don't blame him). So far it hasn't really been a big problem, thankfully :)

JustTrying - I'm glad you are having an enjoyable month off TTC. I agree, it can be better that way.

AFM: Sooo.... I got another + OPK today. This time the test line was slightly darker than the control line (last time (3 days ago?) they seemed about the same). Maybe I haven't O'd yet and the high temps were due to my stomach bug thing and disrupted sleep? My cervix does feel high and open somewhat, but my CF is still so weird. It's been like a mixture of every kind, all the time. Mostly white sticky but with strings of stretchy... This cycle has been quite weird. I will assume I haven't O'd yet, and time will tell - but I will wait a few days to disrupt the temps.  Thankfully I think I am feeling well enough for BD tonight, so hopefully that will happen and timing will work out OK anyways. 

My Charts

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Heather678 replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 4:55 PM | Locked

Gonna pop in and do another AFM update... my temps went back down so I disrupted the 3 high ones, I am sure they were due to the stomach bug thing. Two days ago I got the + Opk (seen above), and yesterday the OPK was very dark but not quite as dark, and today it was very negative. I kind of expected/hoped my temps would go up this morning but it's not out of the question for them to go up tomorrow. That's what I'm hoping for! I like POAS and usually OPKs are very helpful especially with my long cycles, but I think they can definitely be a crutch. 

Hopefully i'll have good news of a high temp tomorrow! :D

My Charts

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 2:21 PM | Locked

Hi Marie! Welcome to the group! Looks like you have been through a lot! So sorry for your losses, it is truly heart breaking! Hug I admire your positive attitude after all of this! I looked at your previous chart and it looks like you have many days of EWCM! Is that usual for you? Is it due to the estrogen dominance? I hope your plan will work out and you don't need the Clomid! Or Clomid will quickly result in a sticky baby! Fingers Crossed

Heather - thank you for your kindness! Your cycle really sounds confusing! Is it typical for you to O 3 days after a + OPK? I usualy get that mixed cm after O which I do not know how to mark, so I just mark it as sticky. I hope O is just around the corner and you will be able to get in some more BD! But still, waiting to O for a month... sucks!! Tongue Tied I would be nuts!

MrsD, Mellie, JTTO, Alaskan - I hope all of you fine ladies are doing okay!

AFM - 6 dpo (ridiculous that it is only CD17) here and temps are super low... Still not having great expectations, although I have some pg/lp symptoms that could make me hopeful. But soon I will see them disappear with the nearing end of the TWW and I can still blame the extra progesterone for them. Strangely I am very relaxed and kind of 'let it go' already, and I just feel happy and do not care anymore. I think I am kind of happy that I can stop worrying and planning, and temping and stop obsessing the signs of my body. I try to concentrate on the approaching X-mas and to show DD the miracles of it.

Wish you a happy week, ladies!

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Not Ranked
Posts 328
nyc1979 replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 2:32 PM | Locked

Hello ladies - I will try to do personals in a bit. Just checking in to say hello. I'm back so no beginners luck for me. My cycles are annoying me with the last two being shorter and only having my period for 2.5 days this month it's all making me wonder if things are working the way they are supposed to. I'm using a CBFM and I have a high today on CD 7 which it totally strange. I really do not miss TTC...it makes me nuts. 

Will be back for personals in a bit. Best of luck to all of us this month!

Me: 37 DH: 36-- married 8/2006 

Baby Girl Grace born 1/9/14

TTC#2 11/2016  BFP 2/22/17!!

EDD: 11/3/17...stick baby stick! Baby Dust

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:49 PM | Locked

Happy Monday everyone!

MrsD:  Oh no for all that spotting!!  I'm so sorry :(.  Hopefully that was just tinges on the tp and not very heavy?  Still though, with ovulation and a LP that hung in there for 10 days - that gives me much to hope for going into this next month.  I hope you are feeling okay about it also?  I am keeping everything crossed that your body stays in the rhythm of ovulating and that LP just keeps strengthening.  Flowers

NYC - Wow that is weird early.  I haven't used CBFM before, but maybe a fluke of too concentrated urine or something?  Also, wowza low temp today!  You have all kind of interesting on your chart today Stick out tongue.  Sorry I don't have anything actually useful, but can definitely commiserate with strange charts driving a person nuts.  :/

Peony:  You are definitely fast tracking through this month!  I'm sorry that your temps are hovering around the coverline, but I am so happy to hear that you are in such good spirits.  Good for you to head into the holidays feeling good and happy and embracing the miracles of the season.  Flowers

Heather:  I'm so sorry you didn't get a high temperature, your chart is such a tease!  I can only imagine how frustrating waiting to O is for you with long cycles and false positive signs - ugh!!  Hopefully you are feeling okay about it and you get your positive AND temp rise soon!  

Marie:  Welcome and Hug.  I am so sorry for your losses.  Goodness you have a lot going on, but it sounds like you have good plans and have learned a ton about your body and what works for you - and that has to be an excellent starting place.  If I may ask - how did you determine you have estrogen dominance?  I hope your stay with us is short and you have a sticky baby before you go back on the Clomid!!  

JTTO:  Good for you to take a timing/recharge break!  Some time to think about something else is bound to be a good thing.  I have to think 2dpo isn't much of a chance, that is odd that the software considers that "good." Hmmm.  Looks like AF is imminent for you - are you guys back to TTC next cycle or taking a bit more of a break?  

Alaskan:  Looks like you stopped the progesterone several days ago - how long does it usually take AF to arrive?  

On your husband's friend - I don't have anything other than the other ladies have said - primarily that your feelings are completely valid and if this is an ongoing relationship of your husbands then in as calm and nonconfronting way as possible I would discuss my feelings with him.  I am certain he doesn't want you to feel threatened or upset and hopefully you guys can work together to find a solution you are both comfortable with.  (e.g. maybe he still sees her, but you guys go out as a group instead of just him and her, or something like that?) 

AFM:  9dpo today and BFN - boo.  

In happy news though:  after 4 full crazy medicated cycles - this month I am only doing progesterone and it is SUCH a nice change.  Not taking so much medication and feeling so many symptoms, what a relief!  The big test was if the progesterone only would prevent my early LP spotting and so far so good!!  (I had some spotting at 2dpo and 3dpo - but as soon as I started the progesterone on 3dpo it stopped - woo hoo!!)  So, even with a BFN today I am still feeling good.  

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 328
nyc1979 replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:00 AM | Locked

MellieC: happy to hear the progesterone only feels better than the medicated cycles. Glad to hear it is working to keep you LP spotting at a minimum. Yay! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

MrsD:  So sorry about the spotting. I hope it was just a fluke. Fingers crossed that things just keep getting better and things continue to even out for you.

Peony:  Happy to hear you are feeling great emotionally. I know it can be tough. Temps could go either way at this point.

Heather:  Ugh, how frustrating for you with that chart...it's so almost there! I hope you get that O soon. Stay positive. Btw, we did overlap here in 2012/2013 when I was trying to conceive my first. Time flies! Best of luck this month!

Marie:  I'm so very sorry to hear about your losses. I really hope things work out for you soon. Best of luck to you this month!

Alaskan:  Looks like you have a plan. Hoping your next round of Femara is successful for you. Fingers crossed! And about your personal question, um yes, it's super annoying, isn't it? I feel your pain. I'm sure he doesn't want to be married to her instead and you're not being ridiculous. TTC does a number on your head and your emotions so I'm sure you're feeling a lot more sensitive about this woman that you would normally be. If it really bothers you, I'd talk to him about it. Just my 2 cents. Hugs. 

AFM:  CD8. We BD'd last night because I'm too much of a rule follower not to do what my CBFM tells me to do. Today I got another high on the monitor, which I'm not surprised about since I have only once ovulated before CD12. I may give us a break tonight and BD Weds, Thurs, (friday is out bc DH has his holiday party that evening) and then Saturday and Sunday. I also have a call into my dr. because AF only last 48 hours. There truly is nothing like TTC to make me cranky, annoyed and stressed. I'm not sure why, but it brings up all kinds of anxiety for me. Trying not to go there as I have no reason to really worry...other than my age and all the statistics I keep reading. Ugh.

Me: 37 DH: 36-- married 8/2006 

Baby Girl Grace born 1/9/14

TTC#2 11/2016  BFP 2/22/17!!

EDD: 11/3/17...stick baby stick! Baby Dust

My Chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 747
SoccerGirl replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:49 AM | Locked

Heather-  I'm sorry your cycle is such a long roller coaster!  It seems like maybe your stomach bug still might be affecting your cycle?  Or perhaps your temp will still go up today. Fingers Crossed  I've posted here and there on these boards since before TTC my son but not on these TTC boards.  I feel like we've probably posted on the same thread before as you seem familiar as well. :)

Peony- That's too bad that your LP temps are so low but you never know. Fingers Crossed  Hooray for feeling relaxed though!  That's great that you are able to enjoy this season with your DD.  We've been enjoying it as well, especially since we've just had our first good snowfall since DS was born.  Yeah, the many days of EWCM is usual for me.  In the beginning it is just a small amount but it can get quite abundant by the time I ovulate.  It sounds like a good thing but it does seem to be possibly linked in with estrogen dominance and it doesn't always dry up in my LP.  To answer Mellie: my ND threw that term out there on my second appointment with her after listening to my list of symptoms like premenstrual headaches, insomnia, AI and thyroid symptoms.  Also the last time I got pregnant I had taken progesterone during the LP before and it seemed to really have an effect as I had a crazy cycle but I got pregnant.  

Mellie-  Sorry for the BFN. :(  It is still early though!  That is great that the progesterone has been keeping your spotting at bay!  I hear you on the relief of not being on medicated cycles.  My 3 tamoxifen cycles were very hormotional, haha. ;)  I answerered your estrogen dominance question above.  I think 'estrogen dominance' is a bit of a simplified catch-all phrase but there must be something to it.

nyc- That does seem early to have a high on your CBFM!  I'm sorry that you are having so much anxiety over TTC. Hug That's good that you have a call out to your dr about your short AF.  Perhaps he/she will be willing to do some basic hormone testing to alleviate your concerns or help you come up with solutions?  Was your flow low in volume as well?  Hopefully it is just one of those fluke things and you will be looking at a BFP soon!

AFM- CD 8 over here with nothing really exciting going on.  I finally managed to get a couple temps in this month.  I don't usually temp during my LP when I'm using progesterone but as AF finishes up I need to get back in the habit.  It can also be tricky when DH works weird shifts and comes home at 4am. :S  My temps were very low for what they have usually been since I've been on thyroid medication and I've been feeling a bit off so I went in this morning to have my thyroid bw done since it's been a while so we will see how that goes. 

Hoping for Christmas/New Year's BFPs for all! Baby Dust Gift

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  

Currently dealing with Hashimoto's, possible 'weak' ovulation, AI issues, but overall unexplained infertility/RPL

My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36be0d

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 12:46 PM | Locked

Hi All,

I seemed to have missed quite a bit so I might not be able to catch up fully right now.

Soccergirl- welcome! I'm glad you are here.   It seems like you are in good hands with your providers and have some next steps with clomid which is good!  I always feel better having a plan.  CD7-10 range tends to be pretty boring huh? lol

Heather- I agree with disturbing those temps- at the time it was iffy but now that you see a greater pattern you can feel more comfortable disturbing them.  Glad you got another + though so perhaps attempt 2 to ovulate will be the one for you!

Peony- TTC around Christmas can be depressing, but also good because you are distracted with so many other things!  I did not check out your chart, sorry- it seems like you should be about at test time now right?

nyc- darn! no beginners luck.  That would have been exciting.  I think the CBFM also look for estrogen right?  so it's not uncommon (from what I've heard) to get alot of high days- esp if you are newer to using it.  it takes a bit to learn your baseline estrogen before calling it high.

Mellie - nice to see you!  I'm trying to be hopeful.  It is what it is, nothing I can do.  The spotting was very light just on the tp - but still annoying to have it so long.  I was not all that concerned about the length of the LP, but the spotting and my temps dropping/being so low was not very exciting for a LP.

AFM:  well, I am on to a new cycle.  day 3 I believe.  nothing to report.  I told myself no OPKs cause they made me nutty, but I really want to know and I have them at home-- so i feel like if I use them up, it will be less temptation for the future.  I did tell myself no testing at work (bringing the strip tests, a paper cup, sneaking off to the bathroom after obsessing about my afternoon hold time) -- so I'll only be testing at home (like 7:30-8pm) or fmu or afternoon if it's a weekend and it's convenient.  That's my plan and I'll start when I see EWCM or increase in CM because I've been having these earlier O.  I gave DH the heads up that next week could be go-time so he gets in the mindset early on and he's ready.  Then like a typical male who doesn't seem to get it or listen (apparently)-- he got invited to this planning thing at church tomorrow night and I said "oh so you won't be home until like 10? and he's like "yeah why is it a good night that I need to be here?"  and I said no... that's NEXT week I just told you that yesterday. I mean seriously... he knows I just got my period- does he think tomorrow I'm popping out an egg?  Guys...

Not Ranked
Posts 389
annafnsca82 replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 1:28 PM | Locked

Hello All,

I haven't been on the forum in forever. Probably because I'm TTA indefinately and this is a TTC buddy group but it's good to see some familiar members on here. I know you are all very supportive of each other and I need emotional support right now. I may have had an oops and I'm FREAKING out. I don't know what I was thinking to let a slip up like this happen. I'll probably test on Thursday, even though it'll only be 9 DPO, but I'm just so anxious to know. I'm usually pretty good about avoiding during my fertile window, but this is our second slip up, so I might look into getting an non hormonal IUD if I'm not pregnant. 

Sorry for the post without personals, I'm at work and sneaking this post in. 

Me: 32 DH: 32  Heartmarried 6/11/11

04/25/12 - first cycle charting (after being on BCP for 12 yrs) 

06/22/12 - BFP @ 11DPO    Baby GirlSarah - 03/07/13 (via c/s)

11/22/14 - BFP @ 15DPO    Baby GirlMichelle - 07/30/15 (via c/s)

Indefinitely TTA 

TCOYF Charts

FF Charts

Page 1 of 4 (73 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS