help

TTC Buddy Group February

rated by 0 users
This post has 112 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 6 (113 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,536
tmonee Posted: Mon, Feb 6 2017 9:32 PM | Locked

This is a revolving buddy group for women trying to conceive to compare notes, symptoms, etc.  Every month a Moderator will start a new thread for you.  If you feel a new thread is necessary before then, please alert the moderators by using the Report Abuse feature. 

Good Luck! Baby Dust

LINK to last month's thread

Not Ranked
Posts 475
laluna replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 10:43 PM | Locked

Thanks, tmonee!

Alaskan - oh, man. How frustrating. It does seem like it might have been a surge with no O. I'm sorry. Are you still taking OPKs to see if you get another surge? I've seen them sometimes happen a week apart. 

Amber - do you have your settings to mark O the day after +OPK? It seems like it should be based on temps. Or maybe you manually marked it? Anyway, temps don't seem to show O yet, but like I wrote in your other post, my temp rise happened 4 days after the +OPK, so hang in there. Hope you see a temp rise tomorrow. 

AFM - I'm loving my chart this month. So steady! My LP tends to not be so steady, though, so I'm sure they'll start zig-zagging around soon. 

Me - 34, DH - 41

TTC #1 since May 2014

3 Clomid cycles - BFNs

Unexplained infertility

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 2,454
NorthStar replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 10:50 PM | Locked

DJ: I did not have clotting times checked because the doctor thought other things should be evaluated first. They are recommending Baby ASA and methylfolate is because of multiple losses. Thank you for your insight! It is much appreciated.

MrsFord: Good luck with your IUI.Baby Dust

Peony: I’m sorry you had so much discomfort with the ER. Fingers Crossed for your Nest.

mrsd: I hope you are feeling better and like the new clinic. 

Marie: Looks like you are getting close. I just had thyroid labs done also. My homocysteine was normal. 

laluna: Wow, you have nice steady temps. Hope you caught that Nest. I didn’t mark my chart, but I will check the settings, thanks! :)

Alaskan: It almost looks like you still might be waiting to Nest? I’m in the same predicament with +OPK and no temp rise. 

AFM: I just had a glaringly positive OPK on Thurs. and Peak on CBFM with no temp rise. I’m guessing my body geared up to ovulate and didn’t actually follow through. I am just going to keep on as if we are still waiting to Nest

I had a saline infused sonohysterogram on CD6 and hysteroscopy on CD8. Everything looked good. I was told I would be ready to go back to work the next night. That was a lie. I was sooooo sore when I got off work. If I knew then what I know now I would've taken a couple days off to rest. 

I had a ton of lab work resulted and have yet to discuss it with my doctor. I hope she calls tomorrow. Looking at AMH, LH, & FSH, as well as other symptoms, I wonder if I might have mild PCOS/lean PCOS. Shrug

TSH: 1.11 uiu/mL, Free T3: 2.3 pg/mL, Free T4: 1.1 ng/dL, Reverse T3: 19 ng/dL

Day 3 Labs

LH: 12.0 mIU/mL

FSH: 8.4 mIU/mL

AMH: 8.0 ng/mL

Estradiol: 35.8 pg/mL

DHEA: 4.4 mg/mL

Free Testosterone: 0.21 ng/dL

Total Testosterone: 23 ng/dL

Me(32) Heart DH

DD12 DD7 DS3 TTC since June 2015 

Angel Feb. 28, 2004       Angel Nov. 5, 2006       Angel Dec. 14, 2016 

7w Early Miscarriage  14w Subchorrionic  10.5w Blighted Ovum

Jan. '17 Dx. Hetero MTHFR A1298C & Hysteroscopy

Feb. 18, 2017 Angel Chemical Pregnancy

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 328
nyc1979 replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 8:45 AM | Locked

Hi ladies - jumping back in here. Will come back for personals in a bit, but wanted to say hi. Hope everyone's doing great.

AFM: CD12 and it's been a weird cycle. My temps have been higher than normal, my CM has been watery and not EWCM which is weird and my fertility monitor is behind by a day based on past months. It's all annoying me, lol. We have begun to BD since I don't want to miss it. Plan is for every day until confirmed O, if we can keep it up. It seemed to work better to just tell DH that it's every night Sunday through Thursday or so (thanks, Alaskan for the suggestion! Seems to take the pressure off a bit, as you said). I maybe started things a bit early so here hoping we can keep it up with his work schedule. Had bronchitis last week so that may be delaying O a bit. 

Me: 37 DH: 36-- married 8/2006 

Baby Girl Grace born 1/9/14

TTC#2 11/2016  BFP 2/22/17!!

EDD: 11/3/17...stick baby stick! Baby Dust

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 673
weimlover replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:44 AM | Locked

Alaskan - that is so frustrating :/ I'm sorry!

Laluna - your chart is so awesome!

Nyc - what is a good plan for telling DH about BD'ing?

AFM - was supposed to start our marathon of BD trying to for a week then quitting right before O hopeful next Thurs or Fri. But then DH pissed me off so I just watched Gilmore Girls and went to bed. So far not off to a great TTC#3 plan yet :/

Me (31) DH (34) ~ Married August 2008 Heart Kiss + 3 fur babies

+ ID Twin DSs Baby Boy Baby Boy ~ December 23, 2015 (BFP May 2015 after 14 cycles TTC)

(TTC #3 - February 2017)

**See my bio for more information**

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/weimlover/charts/default.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 747
SoccerGirl replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 1:03 PM | Locked

Peony- Thinking of you and hoping for a BFP for you!!  When is test day?

Laluna- Your temps are so nice and steady.  Looks like you had great timing before O too.  GL in the TWW!  Hopefully those pinchy ovaries are indeed a good sign! Fingers Crossed Re: seed cycling, yeah I've been putting the ground seeds in my smoothies or yogurt.

Alaskan- I'm so sorry your temp rise didn't continue. Hug It was looking so promising too. Sad

Amber- That doesn't sound like a fun recovery at all, sorry you had to deal with that. :(  That's positive that everything looked good though.  I'm not a pro at looking at lab work results but I've heard the stuff about the high LH/FSH ratio and high AMH being a potential sign of PCOS as well.  Hopefully you can be moving forward with full answers soon to get you your rainbow baby!

nyc- Sorry your having an atypical cycle this month.  Fingers Crossed you get some EWCM soon and O with good timing.

weim- Sorry your TTC is off to a bad start. Hug

AFM- I got a positive OPK yesterday so it looks like ovulation is imminent.  My temp was slightly up today but it's not actually high enough to be indicative of O, I just don't have many pre-O temps due to my lazy charting method. :P  My ND appointment was cancelled yesterday since the dr couldn't make it into the office but I did have acupuncuture which was excellent timing.  She put about 5 needles around my ovaries and uterus and that evening I had a lot of pressure around my ovaries so I'm hoping that means I'll get a nice strong ovulation.  On the lunaception side of things I have been sleeping with a bit more light the last 2 nights and I'll do it one more night before switching back to darkness.

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  

Currently dealing with Hashimoto's, possible 'weak' ovulation, AI issues, but overall unexplained infertility/RPL

My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36be0d

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

Not Ranked
Posts 2,454
NorthStar replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 2:02 PM | Locked

I talked to my doctor and she still wants to check progesterone tomorrow even with no temp rise. That doesn't make sense to me. 

Me(32) Heart DH

DD12 DD7 DS3 TTC since June 2015 

Angel Feb. 28, 2004       Angel Nov. 5, 2006       Angel Dec. 14, 2016 

7w Early Miscarriage  14w Subchorrionic  10.5w Blighted Ovum

Jan. '17 Dx. Hetero MTHFR A1298C & Hysteroscopy

Feb. 18, 2017 Angel Chemical Pregnancy

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 5:48 PM | Locked

Ack, I feel so behind!  I am going to try my best to catch up...

Amber:  that is interesting that your doctor wants to check progesterone without a temp rise - maybe he/she doesn't put much stock in charting?  I'm sorry your tests gave you a hard time at work, but sounds like the results were good?  On the blood test work; I'm sorry I'm not sure what those results mean.  Hoping you hear back from your doctor and get some good info soon!

Marie:  Yippee for a positive OPK!  Sounds like things are going great on all of your additional therapies, how exciting!!  Also, as to your earlier post - YES, I would love to know what my ovaries/egg/etc were doing and what was happening.  

Weim:  I'm sorry your TTC #3 kickoff didn't go well :(, hopefully you guys will be back on track tonight.  It has been fun watching the responses to your other post - seems like so many of the ladies are going against the shettles wisdom - very interesting.  

NYC:  hahaha, I hate when my body mixes things up and gets off schedule.  Sounds like you still have a good plan though.  Hopefully you get a positive OPK today and can lock in O with good timing!  

Laluna:  hahaha, your chart IS pretty!!  Hopefully the LP stays that same way - it is off to a good start so far.  

Alaskan:  Ugh!  I was so excited by that first temp rise, what a tease.  I'm so sorry that it came back down. :(.    Hopefully it will gear up and try again?  

MrsD:  Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you are sick again :(.  I'm also sorry the bcp isn't getting better for you :( :(.  Your post sounds so exciting!  Sounds like you guys are getting to such a good place emotionally and maybe financially - that is so wonderful!  I am so glad you guys got this time to really make a decision you can prepare for and feel good about.  Ugh, changing/choosing new doctors is definitely hard and unpleasant.  Fingers crossed you have a great experience with your new OB!  Also - YES - I would love if you wouldn't mind to copy/paste your lap experience to me also?  I am researching and trolling for all the tips I can get - thank you!!

Peony:  That process sounds AWFUL!  Thank goodness it is behind you.  What a roller coaster, but thank goodness for that one little embie!!  I am nothing but prayers for you.  I hope everything is going well and I can't wait to hear wonderful news!  Pray

MrsFord:  Oh my gosh, I can not believe your RE was so unsupportive; but thank goodness for a wonderful nurse to get you started on this new cycle.  I hope the clomid went okay and all is well??  Keeping my fingers crossed for your upcoming IUI!

AFM:  AF arrived - boo; but my spotting held out until 7dpo and that is cause for celebration around here!!  (thank you ladies for cheering me on!).  We have to TTA this month for my laparoscopy/hysteroscopy on 2/16 - so I hit up a margarita last night and it was sooooo delicious.  TTA perks!    

I finished the hormone testing series (thank goodness because my arms are a hot mess of bruises); but still waiting on some of the results.  It is already looking wonky though (progesterone peaked at 5dpo, estrogen surge at 7dpo - hmm).  I will post them when I get everything to get thoughts on the complete picture.  I get to talk to both my RE and my NaPro dr about the hormone results on 2/21.  

haha, it is strange to be so excited about how this month turns out when we can't even TTC, but I totally am!  

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 458
AlaskanWife replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 1:02 AM | Locked

Laluna:  Your chart is looking very nice and steady so far. Hope it stays that way :-) Great timing too. 

Amber:  Ugh, isn't it frustrating? Looks like we're in the same place with a positive OPK but no ovulation. It's a bit maddening. I'm wondering what is the likelihood of a second surge and late O. Not holding too much hope but I know it could happen. Your blood work does look like a possibility of PCOS... specifically LH being higher than FSH, as well as the high AMH. Hopefully your doctor has some good insight. 

Nyc:  You're welcome; I'm glad the suggestion worked for you and your hubby! It didn't work as well for us this month, but I still think it's a good plan in general. 

Weim:  Aw, bummer you had a tiff with the hubby. Sorry about that. 

Marie:  The acupuncture and other natural things you're trying are so interesting. You're educating all of us! :-) 

Mellie: Boooo for AF :-( It sounds like you have a really healthy and positive attitude about everything right now. So interested in seeing the results of your hormone testing - and I hope the info helps you and your doctor find you some answers!! 

AFM: Temps went down again. Wondering if I'll have a second LH surge and ovulate later.... or more likely, another annovulatory cycle. I got too hopeful and excited about the +OPK and temp rise! :-P

Me (30, PCOS, annovulatory, chronic pelvic pain) and DH (31, good health)
Surprise pregnancy June '15, mmc at 6 wks. TTC our Rainbow 

Jan-April - trying natural, all annovulatory
May-Jan - 5 failed round of Femara (only ovulated on 2/5)

Starting in March, trying natural for a few months
Vitamins + supplements, CycleSyncing diet, fertility massage, yoga 

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:52 PM | Locked

Hi All! Trying to catch up on everyone in the February thread!

laluna - congrats on the nice and steady chart so far with great timing! Fingers Crossed

Amber - soo sorry about this month's confusion with O signs! Do you think you O'd? Your temps seem to be a bit higher, but not exactly fitting the rules for O... I am so glad everything looks good though, re those blood results, I repeat Alaskan on PCOS, but I am not very familiar with other results. I hope you are feeling better now after the procedures?

nyc - I hope you are feeling better, and your body can focus on gearing up to O now! Hang in there, it may be only delayed with a couple of days! I know that timing BDs is hard, but if your DH is better when told in advance, it can def take the pressure off of pretending to be horny each night Laugh. Good luck catching that eggie!

weim - I am sorry it starts in a bad way, but you still have time to BD according to the swaying plans. Good luck!

Marie - thank you for keeping me in your thoughts! Woww you are doing some verrry interesting things this cycle! Those sound so exciting! I am also thinking about trying a fertility related acupuncture after if this turns out to be BFN. I will be following your chart this month, and hope all this pays off in a BFP for you!

Mellie - sorry for AF! It was so promising you did not have spotting until later in the LP. I have read your hormone study results, but I am not an expert on the exact levels. According to the ranges, they seem to be okay, except for that secondary E2 surge being a bit higher in the LP that the given max range. I hope your docs can give a detailed explanation on them. Your lap is soon! Don't worry, I did recover quite quickly, only took a week off from work. I am praying it will be easy for you as well and that they find no big issues!

Alaskan - Hug I am sorry it looks like it was not O for you! What a tease! Don't you have more monitoring this cycle? I am still keeping everything crossed that your body may try to O at a little later point!

MrsD - oohh, I totally feel you on the sinus! I am sorry you have to suffer that too! Are you feeling better now? You made the right decision in switching OBs! I hope you will also like the new place! When is your appt with your RE on IVF due?

AFM - well I had the transfer last Friday. We did have a chance to take a look at the embie before they put it in, and I was surprised as it looked quite fragmented. Although they did not provide any grading, but did tell us that it was already at 5 (almost 6) cell-stage by then (at 2 days). The embriologist said it was a great little embie, but I am still concerned. I have read some success stories with low grade embies and fragmened ones, so no other choise but to hope. I started feeling better from the bronchitis and started temping, and noticed that although I am taking Crinone gel, my LP temps are very low, almost like my pre-O temps. Asides from this, not much is happening. Beta is scheduled for 15th Febr, still debating with myself to test prior or not. I'll see how I will feel.

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Not Ranked
Posts 673
weimlover replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 5:32 PM | Locked

All the responses to my other post were nice but I can't believe how many were against Shettles or had a lot of other opinions!

& thanks all so far we are 1 out of 3 days for BD'ing but still time to get more in!

+ ID Twin DSs Baby Boy Baby Boy ~ December 23, 2015 (BFP May 2015 after 14 cycles TTC)

(TTC #3 - February 2017)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 29,513
dj rayne replied on Thu, Feb 9 2017 9:55 AM | Locked

Amber look at the amount of B's. Levels too high can cause delays in ovulation or worse case no O.It may be you need a lower dose or to take your dose every other day or every third day. It may also be too soon to tell if it is having an efefct but that is something to be aware of.

Not Ranked
Posts 458
AlaskanWife replied on Thu, Feb 9 2017 1:14 PM | Locked

DJ, that's very interesting info. Thanks for that. 

Well ladies, I had to have a tooth (a molar) pulled out yesterday morning. I can't imagine that anesthetics and prescription strength ibuprofen are very optimal for ovulation. 

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 132
hopefulLiz replied on Thu, Feb 9 2017 3:04 PM | Locked

Hey ladies! :)  I don’t post here much anymore, but know that I pop in to see how ya’ll are doing every few weeks! Got involved w/ a few FB TTC groups so hard to have time for everything but I check in!! Snow day today so I wanted to post…

Laluna- what a beautiful chart- hope it has a lovely outcome…

MrsFord- good luck to you!!!!!

Amber- Your labs look pretty good- curious what your doctor thought? What were they testing you for?? Your testosterone is nice and low (mine is around 60 and I do have PCOS)… I wonder what makes you think PCOS… Good luck this cycles! I heard you are often more fertile following HSG… I just had one so I’m hoping!!!

NYC- sounds like a wonderful BD plan… weird cycles are SOOO frustrating when TTC =/

Mellie- I think of you often… You are my wedding date buddy ahah. And now unfortunately we are in the same position w/ TTC. Hopefully will be a good one soon. Fingers crossed!!! Can’t wait to see your results. Are you happy with your Napro doctor??

Alaskanwife- hey there!! Is this your first Femara cycle? Fingers crossed!!! I’ve heard many women have great success

AFM- Nothing new yet lots. So we are now on cycle 11 ttc. Last april was our first. Suspected we may have difficulties, but still hoping for the best so discouraging… I have NCAH and mild PCOS, but I DO ovulate, so I’m a bit puzzled. Was thinking there might be something else, or something wrong with my husband too. Finally got in to a reproductive endo a few weeks ago. Got an HSG and DH tested. Both good. So it is probably my NCAH. Not sure how I feel about treating yet because I’m not very keen on meds, and given I ovulate I kinda wonder if it won’t work and I’ll enter the endocrinology cascade (lots of treatments that they throw at me and they don’t work)… might just wait it out a bit longer. The med he wanted me on is low dose dexamethasone. At this point thinking about it, but leaning towards trying naturally for a bit longer (and continuing to live a healthy, clean lifestyle), given I ovulate regularly and my levels aren’t that off regardless of my condition (slightly high testosterone around 60, ovarian cysts, high adrenal levels- 17-OH progesterone, DHEA etc.), so hard to know what to do. I’m curious how napro is different than RE- sounds a bit more naturally and comprehensive not sure. Maybe Mellie can answer that. So that’s where we are. Slightly hopeful because I hear the HSG can sometimes make you more fertile, even if you aren’t blocked. Yet my LP temps this time are slightly lower than normal, so not sure if that’s a bad sign. Oh well… shall see… once you've been TTC for several months you just don't hope much anymore... have been pretty down about it all the last few months... 

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

DH and I: both 26 y/o; Married since May 23, 2015 Kiss <3 ; TTC #1 since April 2016; no success

Me: Nonclassic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia and mild PCOS (considering treatment; currently doing vitamins, herbs, and clean lifestyle and diet) DH: Perfect

Chart: My Ovulation Chart 

https://hopefulmammabunny.wordpress.com

Not Ranked
Posts 458
AlaskanWife replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 12:53 AM | Locked

Feeling a little heartbroken tonight. We had dinner together with our local friend group, and my sister-in-law announced she's 10 weeks pregnant. I am truly, truly happy for her. She already has two preschool age kids, but she's had several miscarriages since them. 10 weeks is further than she has made it in the last few pregnancies, so she's hopeful, and I'm honestly thrilled for her. 

But we're sitting there with this group... my SIL with her 2 kids and newly pregnant, a girl who is 37 weeks with her "surprise" pregnancy, and my DH's best friend and his fiance with their "unplanned" 10-month-old baby, who was conceived/announced right after our miscarriage. And then us. The ones in the group who increasingly have less and less in common with everyone else. And it just feels like we're left behind. It's so conflicting, to truly be happy for someone but to be so heartbroken at the same time. Of course the girls spent most of the rest of the evening discussing pregnancy and birth plans and registries and how they're going to announce....etc....while I sat silently. 

I'm sorry to be such a downer, and I know I'm not alone; all of you have experienced similar situations. It just hurts a lot right now.

My Ovulation Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 673
weimlover replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:20 AM | Locked

Alaskan - I really feel your pain. I can't tell you how much pregnancy announcements upset me while TTC our first. When I was on Clomid (which made me nuts by the way) a young cousin (like younger than 21) that was recently married announced she was pregnant on Facebook and I cried myself to sleep. I called my best friend and was uncontrollably bawling. Someone on here told me when I was upset about this that their being pregnant has not effect on you getting pregnant, etc. or something like that and it really helped me. It still stings and really there is nothing to help with that feeling. You feel guilty because you should be happy, but it's just a gift that you so desperately want. Man just thinking about this brings back so many emotions and memories. I know you might feel left out and I am SURE it is not their intention to make you feel that way. Try to focus on the positive like a new niece or nephew that will love you so much and take some time away if you need. So many hugs to you :( 

(TTC #3 - February 2017)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 12:13 PM | Locked

Alaska  (and others!) - I know this is all kinda off topic in that it's not directly about ttc  - but I swear I'm being BOMBARDED by pregnancy lately and it's both positive and negative -- sometimes I find myself in a place where I feel "ok" with it because even in my most bitter moments, I wouldn't truly wish this on someone else....so I can't help but be happy for others.  The other times it's just hard.  Like I said I've been ranging between the two-- which I feel like is progress because it's not all sad!   I've hidden all my "sorta kinda friends-- we haven't really talked to each other since high school" friends on facebook who basically just post pics of their kids.  that helped ALOT.  I'm no longer seeing a constant stream of children who remind me that I'm not part of that club.  My feed was initially pretty lame right after I hid everyone- I'll be honest.  I was like "hmm facebook is boring!"  and you'd think that would make me go there less, but it did not.  Instead, i found that I'm seeing alot more about brands/companies I like, contests, freebies- it's fun.  I also see people's stuff who I actually interact with on a daily/weekly basis (coworkers, aquaintances from church, neighbors) --in the case of "church people" they post alot more uplifting messages (and some kid pics) so it's actually pulled up my mood!  I'm seeing positive things on facebook more often than just pics of people's kids who make me sad.    I joined a women's bible study last fall and it's been awesome for me.  Kinda unknowingly, I joined a group that is made up primarily of "older" (50's) ladies who all had kids in late high school or college.  It was the perfect group for me becauuse the focus was not "let's talk about our kids"  - there is one woman who is younger than me and she just announced #2 is on the way a few weeks ago -- about a month or two ago she mentioned she got her IUD out and was very confused about where her period was/was taking tests they were negative etc -- I expected an announcement, but it still came hard.   The group has added a few women this year and one is a mom to a 2 month old who the group leader told could bring her baby whenever necessary....and I am just afraid that my "safe group" is turning all baby on me.  Yet to be determined, but I'm prepared to leave if I need to, but hoping and doubting it will come to that.

Anyway- I know this is not a funny matter, but I look for humor in things because that's my personality.  I basically have a weekly streak (5 weeks and counting! these are the 5 weeks we've been back to church since our loss) of being surrounded by pregnancies and announcements at church.  I told DH that I'm thinking about "renting out" my powers to couples wanting to get pregnant so we can fund our IVF.  Let me give you a run down:

Week 1- this one made me bawl the entire way home (I kept it together until the car ride home somehow) - woman standing next to me in the morning prayer gathering (before going to serve in the kids programs)- she is not someone I know well, but what I do know of her, I will say we are not very compatible personality wise.  She announces she just found out she is pregnant and already has 3 kids and doesn't really even like being a mom.  she wasn't implying she didn't want/wouldn't have the baby by any means btw just venting  - then she went on to tell a sob story of her life when she was a drug addict and how she's not a good mom and she doesn't even know why she volunteers with kids ministry because she does not like kids very much.  If I were in ANY other place in my life I probably would have hugged this woman and being that I was standing next to her holding her hand, I'm sure people thought I was a terribly uncaring and cruel person but I was literally holding back tears.  (aside from my own personal issues right now, I feel this is inappropriate to share in such a large setting with a mix of people including young teen girls)

Week 2- woman standing next to me in the prayer gathering (different one!) announces she is pregnant after 3 years trying and a loss last summer (she has a 5 yr old).  This one did not make me cry because I know she has been struggling and she's a nice person-- but did she have to stand next to me to announce this?!  She went on to talk about finding out on Christmas eve and it just felt so close to my own timeline that I was sad.  She's now moved on to complaining about pregnancy nausea and fatigue each week so it's starting to get annoying :)

Week 3- woman and her husband come and sit next to DH and I in church.  she sits next to me.  I've never seen them at that service time before and I've only seen the woman one other time before in the chuch setting.  That setting was about a month earlier when DH and I were in a training class (when I thought I got AF and our Nov cycle had failed) and she was one of the teachers --  she gave her bio as being a former teacher who decided to quit to stay home with her kids when her 3rd child arrived - she then mentioned she had 5  (FIVE) children under the age of 5 (no twins...) and just found out she was expecting number 6 that summer.  When she said that in the class I literally felt sick... how could this woman be so so fertile and I sit here with nothing.  She is going to have her 6th child in the summer and here I was with AF after "missing" my potential Aug due date.  So yes... that woman sat next to me in church week 3.

Week 4-  I'm now strategically placing myself next to old ladies and teenage girls during our prayer time to avoid another pregnancy announcement.    Woman I don't know comes and sits in our row at church- she's very pregnant.  (so I guess this barely counts really) -- oh wait this was the week I found out the lady from our bible study group was pregnant.  She spent most of the evening complaining about nausea and how she would probably miss some of our sessions due to being so tired.

Week 5- I thought I made it through- I stood next to the grandmas again during the prayer- I picked our church aisle to avoid others joining us later.   It was nearing the end of my volunteer time when I was asked if I could train a new volunteer in my room because the person who was supposed to be her buddy trainer was unable to come that day -- well we have those half doors so I only saw her from the chest up at first until she came in the door -- yep, she's got a huge belly...and I saw her picking up the rest of her kids later - I think she has 3 or 4 of them already.  

I'm still going to my volunteer stuff this week, but we won't be attending actual church service because it's baby dedication week and I just can't do that.  I know I should be stronger, but I cant' do it.  It's also ridiculous because i volunteer weekly with the nursery... it's not like I don't see/know these kids!  Luckily DH understands....well to be honest he doesn't really understand, but he lets me have my time with it.

Me: 35   DH: 33

TTC #1 since February 2015

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Natural BFP 12/17/16!   Ectopic Loss 5w5d  on 12/26/16

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Not Ranked
Posts 100
MrsFord replied on Fri, Feb 10 2017 5:24 PM | Locked

Happy Friday Ladies!

Sorry I don't have much time for all the personals right now but will check in over the weekend or early next week... just a quick fly by AFM - got a positive OPK today.  I took one in the morning and it was questionable but I called my clinic anyway to see if they wanted me to come in for bloodwork to confirm.  While I was waiting for them to call me back I took another OPK (about 3 hours after the first) and it was blazing positive.  I must have caught the upswing of the surge in the morning.  Our IUI is booked for tomorrow at 1pm.  Hubs has to go in at 11am for his "deposit" and then we can have a nice lunch and head back to the clinic to hopefully make a baby!!! Haha! 

Have a great weekend ladies!!!

Me (33) DH (34) 

Married 08/09/2014 Kiss

TTC#1 Fingers Crossed since Oct 2014

Started working with RE March 2016

Early M/C June 2016 Broken Heart

BFP -02/20/2017 (9dpiui/dpo) IUI/Clomid (Cycle #29)

Beta #1 - 14dpo  - 248 

Beta #2 - 16dpo  - 565

Officially pregnant - EDD 11/04/2017 Baby

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/MrsFord/charts/26.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 475
laluna replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 1:38 PM | Locked

Amber - for some reason I can't see your chart anymore when I click on the link in your signature. But it sounds like you said you haven't gotten a temp rise yet, even with the +OPK. Sorry to hear that. I was also really sore after my HSG, but mostly just that same day. I think individual experiences vary a lot and I had heard that it wasn't that bad but mine was super painful. So I wasn't that prepared for the pain. Sounds like something similar happened to you. 

Regarding your labs, I'm no expert, but I'll tell you that my labs looked similar to yours when I first got checked a couple years ago, but my RE didn't think I had PCOS. I think his decision was based on ultrasounds, good insulin and fasting glucose results, and the fact that I ovulate every month between CD15-20. BUT I will say that I haven't had my FSH/LH tested together since the time I had a 90-day cycle, which is when I first saw my RE, so I don't know if my numbers were normal or abnormal for me since I have no other comparison. I'll be interested to hear what your doctor says about your results. I'll paste mine below (from my bio) in case you want to compare. My diagnosis from my RE was unexplained infertility with possible ovulatory dysfunction, which he said was "weak ovulation." 

Bloodwork 3/3/15 (CD68)

FSH: 4.6 (Ref 3.4-33.4 FP)

LH: 15.28 (Ref 9-76 FP)

Bloodwork 4/21/15 (7DPO)

AMH: 7.65 ng/mL

nyc - hope you see your temp rise today or tomorrow!

weim - sorry to hear that the plan didn't go so well. 

Marie - good luck in the TWW

Mellie - good luck with your lap

Alaskan - so sorry your temp rise didn't materialize. I can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you must be. Any darkening of OPKs since then? I can sooooo relate to your story about being the only childless one in the group. I don't know if your group knows about your struggles, but the other day I was talking with 2 friends who both know about mine and they were going on about their <1 year olds for a couple minutes and I got even more upset than usual about it because it just felt like a stab in the heart given that they know how hard I've been trying to get pregnant. So I sort of steamrolled over their conversation by changing the topic. I don't even care if I sounded rude or obnoxious when I did it. It was either that or start crying. 

Peony - glad the transfer went well. I'm sorry you're concerned about the quality. That's weird that your temps are so low. Mine are pretty low this LP too and I'm using progesterone cream (OTC). Hoping you get a BFP next week. 

Liz - nice to see you back here. It is hard to hold out hope every month. We've been at this for almost 3 years... I try to muster up some hope still just because I get really cynical and pessimistic when I don't and I'm trying to avoid the negativity. It's hard to know whether a treatment would help or hurt. Is there anyone you can connect with who has been on the same medication/treatments you're considering?

MrsFord - how did your IUI go today???

AFM - The first week of TWW has been pretty uneventful, as it should. My temps have been even lower than normal for some reason (several other people in the group are experiencing the same thing, coincidentally), even though I am using progesterone cream. I'm pretty sure the dramatic temp dive on 6DPO is an estrogen surge since I had a bit of EWCM that day too and I usually get the temporary mid-LP estrogen symptoms. One weird thing was a bit of spotting yesterday. I've never had some random spotting mid-LP before unless it was BD-related. Since we've been too busy to BD this week, it wasn't that. The spotting near O this cycle was also unusual for me. Not sure whether these are good signs or bad ones. Moving onto the second week of TWW which is the absolute worst for me. I hate the roller coaster of emotions (hope, despair, hope, despair) that I get in the last week. I have a busy week at work, so maybe I'll be too busy to think about it...

Me - 34, DH - 41

TTC #1 since May 2014

3 Clomid cycles - BFNs

Unexplained infertility

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 458
AlaskanWife replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 8:56 PM | Locked

Liz:  Nice to see you back again. No, this was my 5th Femara cycle. I'd heard great things about it, too, but it was a royal flop for me! 
I'm sorry it's looking like your NCAH is causing issues for TTC. That has to be discouraging! I've heard, too, that you can be more fertile right after an HSG so hopefully that's the case for you.

Weim:  Yeah it's rough! I am happy for my SIL because I know she's gone through so much struggle to even get this far. And you're right, her success has no implication on mine. It's just that left-behind, left-out feeling.... blah! 

MrsD:  Sounds like changing up your Facebook was a wise idea! I was complaining last night that I can't even get on Facebook or Pinterest to relax and clear my head because it's all full of babies and fertility stuff!! Maybe that just means I should take a bit of a social media break... 
Sorry you have been so bombarded with fertile women at church! I think that's so tough sometimes. Our church is full of young families, little kids, and pregnant ladies - that's pretty much the primary demographic of the church. So it can be a little hard to be literally surrounded by that every week, even though I know it's worth it. For your sake I hope your 5 week streak is broken tomorrow!! ;-)  

MrsFord:  Hooray for your IUI today! How did it go? 

Amber:  Still no temp rise for you? 

Laluna:  Interesting that your LH / FSH levels are very indicative of PCOS, yet nothing else really lines up with that diagnosis. The body is so fascinating and confusing, isn't it??
Thanks, yes I am disappointed by not ovulating again, but kinda halfway expected it. The last OPK I took was a couple days ago and it was so light there was virtually no second line at all!  Yeah, I know what you mean... I'm pretty sure everyone in the room that night was aware that we are struggling with fertility - at least 3 out of 4 of the girls knew - but I mean with everyone else in the room being a mom, that's just easily and naturally what the conversations turn to. I understand that. It's definitely a lonely feeling though! 
Your unusual O and LP spotting is interesting. Have you changed anything, new supplements or anything, that might cause that? Hugs to you in the second half of the TWW. I know it's torturous at times!!  

My Ovulation Chart

Page 1 of 6 (113 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS