help

Mimicking a pregnancy

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 268
barnheartbabe Posted: Fri, Mar 24 2017 9:33 AM

Hi everyone. I have a puzzling situation happening with a friend. She charts and was ntnp. She stopped temping at well beyond the 16 high temperatures and full pregnancy symptoms. It's been several weeks of symptoms but no positive tests (as strange as it may sound, she has had a pregnancy that didn't trigger a blood positive until weeks late). I'm concerned of course for her. If her ultrasound doesn't show a pregnancy, I'm trying to brainstorm other stuff for her to look into.

Options:

pregnancy

ectopic pregnancy

Cyst with her corpus luteum 

some gland somewhere going whacko (assuming most likely a gland that affects production of progesterone)... Can elevated levels of progesterone be tested for? Eta: I'm assuming progesterone because of the elevated temps. 

Thanks everyone.

DH & I- married feb 2008

Baby GirlS- mar 2010

Baby GirlL-mar 2012

Baby GirlC- mar 2014

AngelJune 2015

faintBFP Sept 24- praying for a rainbow baby

Baby GirlR- June 2016

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/barnheartbabe/charts/4.aspx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,540
tmonee replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 11:59 AM

Could ovulation be misidentified on her chart? Could you share it with us? How far along with her other pregnancy was she before she tested positive with bloods?

Not Ranked
Posts 268
barnheartbabe replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 12:42 PM

I'm not able to share her chart. She's been charting for 5 or 6 years now though so she is usually pretty accurate at pinpointing O. Strangely, her pregnancy symptoms started within a few days of O, ramping up to full blown symptoms by a week-ish later. Last time she was about 9 weeks lmp (based on O though, so not actual lmp) and is probably 10 now.

DH & I- married feb 2008

Baby GirlS- mar 2010

Baby GirlL-mar 2012

Baby GirlC- mar 2014

AngelJune 2015

Baby GirlR- June 2016

Not Ranked
Posts 342
orangekitty replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 3:35 PM

I have no idea what else could be causing her symptoms, but if she's past what she thinks is 6 weeks into the pregnancy couldn't she ask for an ultrasound to confirm? They would see something at that point if she is PG, right?

I hope she gets some answers, that sounds super frustrating!

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Not Ranked
Posts 268
barnheartbabe replied on Fri, Mar 24 2017 5:40 PM

She was supposed to have an ultrasound today but I haven't heard anything from her. Could be a few reasons for that. I've been praying like crazy for a good outcome since this journey started but with things where they're at I figured it was time to educate myself and have helpful ideas if at all possible. 

Eta: talked with her finally. They confirmed a miscarriage. :'( 

DH & I- married feb 2008

Baby GirlS- mar 2010

Baby GirlL-mar 2012

Baby GirlC- mar 2014

AngelJune 2015

Baby GirlR- June 2016

Not Ranked
Posts 342
orangekitty replied on Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:59 PM

Very sad news, not the outcome I was hoping to hear. I hope she has lots of support while grieving and is able to find peace. Thanks for updating us, I was wondering.

My charts

39 y.o., NTNP since June 2014.

High FSH and tiny ovaries = premature ovarian insufficiency. Donor egg cycle overseas in January 2017: BFN. Looking into adoption, fostering and a second DE cycle and loving up our nieces, nephews and furbabies until all the pieces fall into place.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,540
tmonee replied on Sun, Mar 26 2017 7:42 AM

I'm sorry to read this update. I hope she is doing okay... Flowers

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS