COngrats! May I ask what you did to prep your body beforehand?
I, too, would like to know what you did...congrats to you!!
Disclaimer- I've always been highly fertile having fallen pregnant on my first try the last 3 babies. I just wanted to optimize my fertility at my age.
Some of the things I was already doing for many years I learned are a huge factor.
1. Eat only whole seasonal organic foods, I eat a high raw diet and no grains, plenty of green juices as well as fresh and powdered wheatgrass juice daily.
2. Royal Jelly- I was already eating it raw/fresh for the past 5 years- daily.
3. I had been seeing an acu weekly for years and then stopped so I restarted and got custom herbs to tonify some yang deficiency which I had. I had to add in some grass fed meat for tonification as well as stews.
4. I used Fertil- Aid and fertil- CM as well as Maca, B complex and PABA, grapefruit juice and dong quai extract (latter two in first half of cycle- same for Fertil- CM.
5. I charted for around 4 cycles so my acu and I could see if anything was off and tweak it. Nothing was off except when I first started charting my O's were on cycle days 19-20 so with acupuncture we worked on getting me to O earlier. One month later I O'ed on cycle day 14 which was a first in my life.
6. Be active, it improves everything especially good for women who have stagnant blood. I keep up with an active yoga practice as well as cardio and weights.
7. Keep warm and make sure food/water is warm or room temp when eaten to avoid cold uterus, blood stasis etc;
Duh- forgot one thing- being gluten free! I had become gluten free over 16 years ago when I was pregnant with my son because I have Hashi's.
Just recently did I the info come out tying GI to infertility.
So I would suggest to optimize fertility- go gluten free.
Great info! I had Hashimot's thyroiditis then later on after the birth of my daughter was diagnosed w/thyroid cancer. This and exposure to a natural gas leak in our house slowed us down having another child. I've had 2mc during all that and now am 44 wi/the desire to try again. So great to hear another older mom successful. I was tested for celiac and it came out negative. Were you allergy tested then?
I was tested but there is a strong connection with being gluten sensitive and Hashi's. It is highly suggested to be 100% gluten free 100% of the time because one exposure can create havoc internally for 9 months following exposure to gluten. See Dr. Datis Kharrazian's Thyroid book for most up to date information on Hashimoto's , diet, supplements etc;
How are you and baby doing?
Yipee!!!! I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted on your journey!!!!!
Whoa, I have not been on here in a long time. That baby was born at home in a very quick labor - I was 12 days late with him and went to see my acupuncturist the morning of my 45th birthday. I felt my first labor twinge at 1:35 and he was born at 2:10- crazy fast and my midwife arrived just as his head was emerging. Healthy, beautiful baby boy and he's now almost 18 months old. I am so grateful.